Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy .45 acp HP's in 50 round boxes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy .45 acp HP's in 50 round boxes?

Got a problem I'm not sure how to fix, my SIG 220 mags will not take my Remington Golden Sabre 230's, the length of the cartridges are either too long or the SIG magazines are too short. (which I suspect) So I've got to buy a different type ammo for the 220 and need to buy two or three hundred jhp's as cheap as I can, those 20 round box prices will kill me! If anyone has a source for .45 ammo that won't bankrupt me, I'd sure appreciate a heads up!
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Re: Where to buy .45 acp HP's in 50 round boxes?

Before you buy a bunch of ammo, buy a 20 round box and check to be sure the new ammo will work. It may be bullet taper (ie: front of bullet may be too fat). You could also try using a bullet seat and setting the bullets back just a hair.

There is a guy over at glocktalk.com, (he posts in the parts and acc board) that sells 50 round boxes of gold dot from time to time. Copes did have Federal Hydra sock in 50 round boxes also.

I use the Federals in my P220 with out a problem. I have the old style parked 7 round zipper back style mags.

I would be willing to bet you have the newer style 8 round stainless mags. ??

Comment

John, thanks for the reply. No my mags older model seven round, marked 220-1. Stainless body, blued base, second generation plastic follower (my even older steel follower mags work just fine). Yes, bullet taper or lack of is the problem. These magazines have a tapered indention at the front of the body, below the feed lips to assist pushing the magazine past the pistols mag catch-this is the problem. I thought of trying to punch the indention back out a bit but am not certain I won't create yet another problem. Thanks for the info on the ammo, I'll check both places.
      "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"

Comment

My mags are the older style parked carbon steel with steel follower. I have use a varity of diffrent 45 hp's in them with no problems. I was warned off from the SS mags years ago. You might test mod one mag to see if it fixes the problem.

Sell the SS mags and replace with the GOOD all carbon steel mags!!!!!!!!

Comment

John, CDNN has used carbon steel sevens for fourteen or fifteen bucks. Done spent my allowance for the month or Ida done ordered a bunch. Before its too late...... PS: Copes Distributing has Novak eight round nickle under $20.
          Last edited by paintballmagnet; December 31st, 2010, 05:53.

Comment

BAM!

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index....low-point-ammo

http://www.ammunitionstore.com/categ...rt=bestselling
            Last edited by LYCAN; December 31st, 2010, 05:57.

Comment

We had a similar problem with the Silver Bear .45 ACP HP's.

Simple solution. After pulling one to see just how full the casing was, we just re-seated them about 1/32" deeper.

They worked just fine after that.

I've pretty much concluded that most problems with feeding HP in handguns that are fussy about it are caused by the OAL of the loaded round. If you can shorten them up a little bit without compressing the power, it often makes all the difference in feeding.
              Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

I may yet try this but first I'm gonna try some Winchesters. Have a buddy that offered to swap ammo if if the WW stuff will fit in my mags. Hopefully this will save me a bit of work.

Comment

PBM you shoulda got a Glock21. jk, that really sucks about not being able to use what ya got stocked up. When I get a 21 I will take it off your hands.

Comment

Working...
                  X