Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 Guage 00 Buck From Copes....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 12 Guage 00 Buck From Copes....

    Good deal. 175 rounds in a can for $102 and $7.95 shipping.
    I got two cans.

    http://www.copesdistributing.net/pro...oducts_id=3178
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

    USMC 1959/1963

  • #2
    Re: 12 Guage 00 Buck From Copes....

    Have you shot any of this brand before?? Pretty good patterns??


    Tread

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 12 Guage 00 Buck From Copes....

      Tread, patterning will be determined by individual shotguns as much as anything. The new Federal Flite Control stuff is really good but it ain't cheap. Since I consider the typical shotgun/buckshot max range to be 20-25 yards, I adjust my shooting to match. Yeah there are shotguns that with the right load, the right choke, everything perfect that will double this distance but I've never owned one. I did improve my patterns by buying a Kick's Industries BuckKicker choke tube, might have added 10 yards to my shooting range. Were I needing buckshot, I'd buy this, pretty good price these days
      "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
      The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 12 Guage 00 Buck From Copes....

        I was am shooting S&B in a Mossy 590 and a Benelli M2. The S&B spreads out pretty quick mainly because of the type wadding I think. Was just curious about this offering.

        Tread

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 12 Guage 00 Buck From Copes....

          I am getting this for my Saiga and 20 round drum to destroy things in my next squirrel camp.
          Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
          I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

          USMC 1959/1963

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 12 Guage 00 Buck From Copes....

            Originally posted by TheMrMitch View Post
            I am getting this for my Saiga and 20 round drum to destroy things in my next squirrel camp.
            And with the Saiga and that drum YOU WILL! LOL! those things are way cool!

            Good shooting to ya!

            Tread

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 12 Guage 00 Buck From Copes....

              Local WalMart carries Winchester 00 Buck in a 15 pack for $9.95 as a regular item.
              That works out to about the same price per round as the Federal from Copes. I pick up a box or two often.
              Last edited by Mannlicher; April 10th, 2011, 06:20.
              may the Bonnie Blue wave forever

              Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 12 Guage 00 Buck From Copes....

                Originally posted by Mannlicher View Post
                Local WalMart carries Winchester 00 Buck in a 15 pack for $9.95 as a regular item.
                That works out to about the same price per round as the Federal from Copes. I pick up a box or two often.

                It's the same price here, and I also tend to grab a box or two regularly. I had to buy a couple more ammo cans to store it in, but so it goes.

                I don't know about y'all, but when I scratch $125 or so up into a pile, I tend to buy bullets or powder, if I'm not scraping for another firearm.

                When I'm in Wally World, $10 or so is pocket change, and about once a week I tend to indulge in something. Buckshot, slugs, a brick of .22LR, or a box of something for a pistol or rifle.....

                I started doing that when ammo got scarce, and have been doing it every since.

                You'd be amazed how it piles up after the first three years or so.

                Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 12 Guage 00 Buck From Copes....

                  I've culled through a bunch of my crap, still have twenty ammo cans full in my storm shelter and about eight or ten here in the house. I need to stop buying stuff I'll never use.
                  "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
                  The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 12 Guage 00 Buck From Copes....

                    Originally posted by paintballmagnet View Post
                    I've culled through a bunch of my crap, still have twenty ammo cans full in my storm shelter and about eight or ten here in the house. I need to stop buying stuff I'll never use.
                    Except for that Zombie Apocalypse!
                    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 12 Guage 00 Buck From Copes....

                      Originally posted by Cougar View Post
                      Except for that Zombie Apocalypse!
                      Some of us have more ammo than the potential supply of Zombies in our AO would warrant. Granted, I'm pretty much in ZZ Top mode that way, in that "It's better to have it than to need it and not.", but even so.

                      I'm still stashing .22 LR, 7.62X39, and #4 and #6 shotshells. But other than that? I'm going to leave ammo to my heirs and assigns already. I don't need to stack up another dozen spam cans, or I might break the flooring.

                      Right now, 100 watt incandescent bulbs are a much better idea, and they're as cheap as ammo, at about $0.25 per.

                      I need a couple more cases of those.

                      Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 12 Guage 00 Buck From Copes....

                        "I might break the flooring".

                        The floor in my ammo shed IS giving in.
                        Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
                        I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

                        USMC 1959/1963

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 12 Guage 00 Buck From Copes....

                          I have one of those 14-gun Stack-on metal gun cabinets just for handgun ammo... and another for rifle/shotgun ammo. All in 30- 50- and 20mm ammo cans. Care to guess the weight? Oh, and then there's the reloading components in another smaller 8-gun metal cabinet... Heck, I even have a 25-pound bag of 000Buck just to make my .38- and .357 Multi-ball loads! How many pounds of 125-, 140- and 158gr .357 hard-cast bullets is enough? .115- and 124gr 9mm bullets? .308 Hirt battlepacks?

                          Good thing my house has a concrete slab floor, eh?
                          Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 12 Guage 00 Buck From Copes....

                            Originally posted by Cougar View Post
                            I have one of those 14-gun Stack-on metal gun cabinets just for handgun ammo... and another for rifle/shotgun ammo. All in 30- 50- and 20mm ammo cans. Care to guess the weight? Oh, and then there's the reloading components in another smaller 8-gun metal cabinet... Heck, I even have a 25-pound bag of 000Buck just to make my .38- and .357 Multi-ball loads! How many pounds of 125-, 140- and 158gr .357 hard-cast bullets is enough? .115- and 124gr 9mm bullets? .308 Hirt battlepacks?

                            Good thing my house has a concrete slab floor, eh?
                            Mine doesn't have a slab floor. So I have to spread it out.

                            The lead is in the shed, since getting warm in the Summer won't hurt it. How are you fixed for powder and primers? All the lead in the world is not much good if you don't have primers and powder for it, don't you know?

                            Loaded ammo, powder, and primers have to stay inside the house in the AC, down here where I'm at, or they'd be worthless in 10 years. Bullets and lead I'm not nearly as concerned about, which is how I keep the floor loading down to a reasonable level, mostly.

                            Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 12 Guage 00 Buck From Copes....

                              Originally posted by jefferson101 View Post
                              How are you fixed for powder and primers? All the lead in the world is not much good if you don't have primers and powder for it, don't you know?
                              I'll plead the 5th on that one...
                              Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X