Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see If I can start a fight...Can 9 45's be better than 15 plus 9mm's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see If I can start a fight...Can 9 45's be better than 15 plus 9mm's?

Specifically plus P 9mm's? I'm not convinced....
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Re: Lets see If I can start a fight...Can 9 45's be better than 15 plus 9mm's?

I'm not going to fight on those terms.

If you give me the choice between a BHP with 17+1 or a 1911 with 8+1, I'll probably take the BHP.

OTOH, if you give me the choice between a BHP with 17+1 and a couple of spare 17 round mags, and my P-14 with 16+1 of .45 ACP, and a couple of spare 16 round mags?

I'll spot you the other three 9mm Parabellum rounds.

And the 1911's reload a whole lot faster, because the mags drop free, which none of my HP's do unless I spend an extra $20 or so on the spring assisted mags.

Besides that, if I can't kill it with 9 rounds of .45 ACP, I need to have been practicing my shooting a whole lot more.

OTOH, the same thing applies if I can't kill it with 9 rounds of 9mm Parabellum. Shot placement counts, caliber be damned.

One .22 LR round will kill most anyone graveyard dead, if you hit them in one of the right places.
    Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

HA! Those double stack .45's sorta make the size vs capacity argument a moot point! Jefferson, if your HP mags don't fall out, you need to remove the magazine disconnector, first thing I do when one arrives at my door. I should have posted this at ARF.com or somewhere with the same attitude, fur'd been flyin; by now!
      "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"

Comment

Hicap 45's the best of both worlds. I agree with what Jefferson said, much the same here.

And them 9mm Glocks with the 33 round spares really liven the debate up also

Over looked the fact that Magpul now has 30 round 10mm and 45 acp mags out for the Glocks.
        Last edited by mgjohn; December 23rd, 2010, 02:47.

Comment

Originally posted by mgjohn View Post
          Hicap 45's the best of both worlds. I agree with what Jefferson said, much the same here.

And them 9mm Glocks with the 33 round spares really liven the debate up also

Over looked the fact that Magpul now has 30 round 10mm and 45 acp mags out for the Glocks.
          It all depends on what you can carry around without "Looking like a fool with your pants on the ground".

The Para will do that to me, if I'm not careful.

And, as noted, I'm not adverse to greeting most any annoyance with a BHP, either.

I'm more about shot placement than I am about caliber. OTOH, even if everything is perfect, two .45ACP rounds are better than two 9x19 rounds, in my book. But two .44 Mag rounds are better yet.

If I'm annoyed enough at someone to start shooting, I'll take the biggest available caliber to do it. If I have the Redhawk loaded and handy? I'll probably start there.

OTOH, if I get a whole minute to make my mind up, I'll probably start with a 12 Ga, and work down to an AK.

I love my handguns, but if I have time to start sorting calibers, they will be way down the list.

I do Mozambiques with an AK instinctively, and I don't care about mag capacity, because in the worst case, I can do ten of them.

Pistols are for emergencies, and to get me to a rifle or a shotgun.

'Nough said.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by paintballmagnet View Post
            HA! Those double stack .45's sorta make the size vs capacity argument a moot point! Jefferson, if your HP mags don't fall out, you need to remove the magazine disconnector, first thing I do when one arrives at my door. I should have posted this at ARF.com or somewhere with the same attitude, fur'd been flyin; by now!

Those are folks who are more concerned about the size of the wound channel than what organ(s) the wound channel is impacting.

As I noted previously. A .22 LR in the right spot will drop a Grizzly Bear in it's tracks. A dozen .300 WinMags, in the wrong places, and you are still bear food.

If you can keep your head about you, and shoot straight, most any JMB (PBUH) designed firearm is all sorts of plenty. If you can't shoot straight, it doesn't matter what you are shooting. All you are doing is making noise.

That may attract the Cops, eventually, but not soon enough to save you, if you can't hit what you are aiming at.

Comment

Gibberish.
              Last edited by TheMrMitch; February 19th, 2011, 22:21. Reason: Gibberish.

Comment

lets see my sig 226 navy 9mm has 20rnd mags so id go with 9mm especially since i got 11 20 rounders but to each his own go with what you are comfortable with

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf4 View Post
                  lets see my sig 226 navy 9mm has 20rnd mags so id go with 9mm especially since i got 11 20 rounders but to each his own go with what you are comfortable with
                  And you carry all of these eleven 20 round mags around with you all the time?

Dadgumit! What brand of belt do you use, Sir? I have serious problems keeping a Para P-14 and two extra 16 round mags from making me look like someone from the 'hood, with half my underwear showing! (Or even the Para and one mag, for that matter.)

The whole purpose of a handgun is to get you back to where you can get a rifle. If it takes me more than 20 rounds or so of handgun ammo to do that, I'm probably toast anyway, because most folks I run into won't be ragheads, and will aim, at least a little.

Comment

Well, he's at least well prepared for the next Zombie outbreak! About the same for my Zombie killer: Beretta CX-4 carbine, I've got a dozen of the Mec-Gar 18 round mags for it, all loaded with plus P Gold Dots. Bring on the Zombies!

Comment

Originally posted by paintballmagnet View Post
                      Well, he's at least well prepared for the next Zombie outbreak! About the same for my Zombie killer: Beretta CX-4 carbine, I've got a dozen of the Mec-Gar 18 round mags for it, all loaded with plus P Gold Dots. Bring on the Zombies!
                      Okay. I give up.

The purpose of my "carry" weapon is to get me back to my vehicle, as often as not. I do, in fact, have other resources there. But at least one of them will be in 7.62x39, so I'm not in the least lying about getting back to a rifle. An SKS will let me mess with a whole lot of zombies.

I don't want to tell you what my ammo loading does to my gas mileage. But hey....It's under 50 pounds. I can carry all of it and all four weapons off, if I have to.

Zombies?

That's what I practice for. If you can handle Zombies, anything less that doesn't have Nukes is probably within your comfort range, until they get lucky.

They only have to do that once, but I'm planning on making them work for it.

Comment

I now fully understand your comment about your load trying to pull off your britches! I just got a XDM .45, it loaded with two spares will require my looking for a pair of super duty suspenders, that or risk being arrested for indecent exposure. I am confident though, that such a case would be dropped due to lack of evidence!

Comment

i carry 5 20 rounders when im at work i work security in a 99.9 percent black apartment complex so yeah i may have more than i need but better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Comment

I agree. As long as you can figure out how to carry it around, why not load up?

Comment

its not that heavy considering we dont carry spray or tazers or even batons just weapon and ammo and cuffs heck i was carrying 4 spare 15rnd mags which is only 75 rnds before i upgraded

Comment

Working...
                              X