Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate Ammo Deals...............

I can't resist..

Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Re: I Hate Ammo Deals...............

Added 2650 more rounds today. 500 9x18....500 9x19....150 38 s&w.....1665 .22s!

Oh....add the 1000 7.62x39 from last week.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

got a link?

I saw that centerfire has come down on wolf .223 and 7.62x39. I almost placed an order. If I saw a really good deal I'd get a few more cases of common calibers.

Comment

Dude!

That looks like my ammo storage, mostly. But I'm not going to take a picture.

Which of those piles is your .22 ammo?

I've got enough of that to keep me for about 30 years, if I get completely crazy about shooting it. And that's the least of it.

I'm a bit short on the "Spam Cans", but I've got that many USG ammo cans stacked up. Bawahahaha! If we need it, we've got it.
        Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Yeah. Several .22s stashed in the back. Whatchu see is covering about 25 or so different calibers. Just added 1000 and 2150 more in tomorrow.
          No illegal stuff and alla alphabet people and local law know of it.

For the future of my kids.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

Might wanna invest in a bunker to store it in. I know I wish I atleast had a storm cellar.

Comment

Originally posted by guncrazy View Post
              Might wanna invest in a bunker to store it in. I know I wish I atleast had a storm cellar.
              I know what you mean. My ammo storage closet is pretty much running over.

And around these latitudes, I don't want to store it in a shed or suchlike, because it'd be exposed to too many high temperatures. In the house, it stays a lot cooler.

I'm not sure why basements have never caught on around these parts. I would find one to be quite useful!

Oh, well. If I ever build, I'll have an ammo bunker put in with the basement.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

We have a half basement-half crawl space under the house. It's all real cool and dry. There is lotsa room for ammo in GI ammo cans and canned food.

Comment

MrMitch, like Jefferson said, I have a good bit of ammo, nothing like you have there, but man I ain't putting no pictures out. If I didn't know better I'd think you were "baiting".

I have a solid concrete and cinder block room in my basement with double steel doors. Cool and dry with fluorescent lighting. On one side of it I have a crawl space, on the other side I have a single steel door where I can walk in upright and walk around, but it's dirt floored.
                  Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. - Samuel Johnson

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Comment

When you're the farmhood eccentric and can't even be seen from the road.....not too much worry.
                    Plus being a small town deputy helps. Most folks leave me alone.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

Originally posted by TheMrMitch View Post
                      Added 2650 more rounds today. 500 9x18....500 9x19....150 38 s&w.....1665 .22s!

Oh....add the 1000 7.62x39 from last week.
                      Those pictures are very comforting to look at.
                      I've worked to standardize my ammo the last couple years partly for ease of filling cans. I only wish I had far more full 30cal cans instead of full 50cal cans. Humping 30cal cans is easier on the old worn out bod if you know what I mean.

Since I store much more than just ammo I've got MREs and camping gear+some ammo in my front room as well as ammo in 3 other places at my ponderosa.
                      Grumpy Old Fart http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/cor...emlins/050.gif

Comment

Originally posted by noname762 View Post
                        Those pictures are very comforting to look at.
                        I've worked to standardize my ammo the last couple years partly for ease of filling cans. I only wish I had far more full 30cal cans instead of full 50cal cans. Humping 30cal cans is easier on the old worn out bod if you know what I mean.

Since I store much more than just ammo I've got MREs and camping gear+some ammo in my front room as well as ammo in 3 other places at my ponderosa.
                        A lot of the packages mine came in won't fit into .30 cans. For instance, when Wolf had their little "corrosive primer" problem back in '99, I got 3k rounds of new production 7.62x54R at surplus prices when they were selling it off. But the 100 round flats that it came packed in didn't fit into .30 cans very well. I stacked three of them into each .50 can without having to open the sealed packaging.

If I have to carry it very far, I may be annoyed, but for economizing on ammo cans? Yeah, I'll go with the .50 cans every time. It takes up less room, too. If I have to carry all of mine off by hand or on my back, I'll be a week doing it, even if not interrupted by having to expend any of it.

I figure on either shooting a lot of it up in my retirement or giving it to the Grandsons with the firearms.

Comment

You can never have too much ammo. As for moving the ammo, thats what the assault wheel barrel is for.

Comment

Working...
                          X