Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wally World Ammo.

EEEEEEEK!!!

I know if you buy it a couple of boxes at a time each week......as Jefferson does...........it ain't so painful......

But unless my math is way off......that comes to about $250 for a 1000 rounds???

Is that the going rate nowadays?? THAT....is considered a fair price today??? What happened to 1,200 rounds for $80..............

You can tell I haven't bought any ammo for a while!!!!!
    And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
      Yup!!!

Seen the 7.62x39 ammo there at Wallys myself............I didn't note ANY bullet diameter on the box.........but I will look closer though!!!!

More than I'm used to paying, back in the 1980's, for sure......

Little tiny white boxes of 20, less than $5.00 each......labeled as "hunting cartridges".......in FMJ..........

It depends on what one may be hunting.......FOR......I guess..........

AND...apparently which rifle you wish to use it in!!!!!!!

BE CAREFUL out there, Folks!!!!!
      I know a couple of people who have fired Comblock 7.62x39 in a Mini-30, and at least a couple of folks who either accidentally or thru lack of knowledge loaded .303 British bullets into .308 ammo.

It shoots a bit stouter than you expect it to, I'm told, but it is not tight enough to blow the firearm up. I don't figure that it'd do your barrel any good, over a few hundred rounds, but it's not a KB issue.

OTOH, the .308 diameter rounds down a .311 barrel? They aren't going to hit the broad side of a barn from inside, more often than not.

Why I don't have a lot of Boxer primed Brass 7.62x39 to reload, actually. I'd be better off buying the brass straight up.

Be careful out there, though.
      Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

I thought I would nab a few boxes of the Ulyanovsk at Walmart today and they were sold out. The lady at the counter said they currently have no restrictions on the amount of ammo a person can buy. What a bummer when you go to "clean them out" and someone else beats you to it! Well, I didn't really want to clean them out, I just wanted four boxes because it would make my current stockpile a nice even number. I'll check back later...

Comment

Working...
        X