Wally World Ammo.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wally World Ammo.

They either got worried about supply issues or they're still having some from domestic suppliers.

It's been about a year since they were short. They've taken the "limit of 6 Boxes" signs down. Their stocks of WWB, Federal, and UMC seem to be holding out. They've even got .380 on the shelves most of the time.

But they've been coming up with some unusual brands. They had a batch of RUAG (Swiss) 9mm here a while back. 124g bullets, too, instead of the usual 115g, so I naturally have put several boxes of that away.

Yesterday, however, I ran onto something that kind of surprised me. TulAmmo. Yep! Not Wolf, or Silver Bear or anything like that. A whole new brand and packaging from Tula Cartridge Works.

Same old Tula/Wolf stuff though. Steel cased, berdan primed. For a buck less than Federal, I'm not too tempted. ($9.49 vs $10.49 for 9mm Para? No question, I'll take the reloadable brass for an extra buck.)

If they ever get the price on it down to a reasonable level for steel-cased, I'll take it, though. For the record, I'm the same way about CCI Blazer ammo. It's got to be at least 20% or so cheaper than the equivalent in brass, or I don't buy it.

Don't ask me why. I've got enough pistol brass to last three lifetimes for anything I shoot. and a few things I don't shoot, too! But that particular obsession may be one of the reasons I do have that much.

Whatever.......I was somewhat shocked. Tula ammo in Wally World! That was the last place I expected to find it.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Re: Wally World Ammo.

At our store they are still hammering people with a 6 box max purchase scam!

I wanted to buy 20 boxes of Uly 7.62x39 and they pulled this crap!

Screw em' !

I am boycotting thier crap. I am fed up with thier total package of garbage!

JMHO
    Tread

Comment

Originally posted by Tread Head View Post
      At our store they are still hammering people with a 6 box max purchase scam!

I wanted to buy 20 boxes of Uly 7.62x39 and they pulled this crap!

Screw em' !

I am boycotting thier crap. I am fed up with thier total package of garbage!

JMHO
      Tread
      I wish they'd come up with some Uly, or any other Russian produced 7.62x39 around here. The only thing they ever have is Winchester. I bought two boxes of that once, and couldn't hit squat with it. Being the nasty and suspicious character that I am I checked a round.

.308 diameter bullet!

Since nothing on the box specifies that it's .311, I won't buy it. But I would cheerfully sponge up a few boxes of Russian manufacture were it available.
      Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

I was a bit surprised to see Ulyanovsk and Tula Ammo on the shelf yesterday. I didn't check all the calibers but the Tula was .308 IIRC and they had 20 round boxes of Uly 7.62x39mm FMJ for $4.97.

Comment

I wish someone, anyone would get some Barnaul in at a halfway reasonable price. I'm down to about 2500 rounds in my stash, seems every time a good buddy buys an SKS or AK the last year or so I've been their ammo source. Not that I mind all that much, its not like they are plinking with the stuff and ISHTF, the more folks I trust with guns and ammo the better. However, I gotta pick up a few hundred to get back into my "comfort" zone.
          "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
          The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

Originally posted by paintballmagnet View Post
            I wish someone, anyone would get some Barnaul in at a halfway reasonable price. I'm down to about 2500 rounds in my stash, seems every time a good buddy buys an SKS or AK the last year or so I've been their ammo source. Not that I mind all that much, its not like they are plinking with the stuff and ISHTF, the more folks I trust with guns and ammo the better. However, I gotta pick up a few hundred to get back into my "comfort" zone.
            My goodness man!

You gotta stock up! Those are barely survival rations!!!!!

10,000 is a good start. LOL!!!

I need some myself!

Tread

Comment

They haven't put any Uly out around here yet. Or any of the TulAmmo in 7.62x39, for that matter. Dadgumit!

I wish they would. As noted, I'd be on that like the proverbial Duck on a June Bug. I'm not down to the short rows yet, but I've only got about 1500 rounds or so that isn't in spam cans, and I really don't want to go to opening those unless it's a special occasion.

I sure wish I'd have bought a dozen more cans of it when it was going for about $85/can delivered.

Oh, well.....I could say the same thing about the 7.62x54r, the 8mm that I was getting from Century for 6 Cents a round, the .308 from Southern Ammo for about 12 Cents each, and so on and on.....

I got enough to keep me going, though.

Comment

Tread, ain't worried, if I did run out of 7.62X39, I'd just switch to 5.56, then on to .308. Throw in 600+ buckshot, 300+ slugs, pistol ammo, I ain't gonna ru out of lead to throw.
                "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
                The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

It seems that the US made ak ammo is 308 dia for the Ruger Mini 30.

Comment

Originally posted by mgjohn View Post
                    It seems that the US made ak ammo is 308 dia for the Ruger Mini 30.
                    Yep. Another reason to call them seriously bad names.

How stupid do you have to be in order to make a rifle of 7.62x39 caliber that actually doesn't take a real 7.62x39 round?

Whatta Maroon!

Comment

I have a round or two to start the ball with and I can always get more the same way that Charlie first got his.

karl
                      Karl

http://grrrscave.blogspot.com/

Keep those e-mails and calls to your Congress people coming.

Comment

Well, the mini thirty situation is interesting. I know people who comblock ammo through them all the time. Also Winchester uses 308 bullets in their 7.62x39 ammo (I am told). Thx-Ace

Comment

Originally posted by acem View Post
                          Well, the mini thirty situation is interesting. I know people who comblock ammo through them all the time. Also Winchester uses 308 bullets in their 7.62x39 ammo (I am told). Thx-Ace
                          I use Russian ammo in mine. And I was happily surprised to discover that my local Wally World now has the Unyanskov 7.62x39. I now own more than I did yesterday, and I can stop buying my usual plethora of 9mm Para, until they run out.

As I have discovered, if you buy a box or two of anything every time you are in there, it piles up fairly quickly.

The last two years have been productive on pistol ammo. This next year may be equally productive on AK ammo, since if they have it, I'll buy some.

Last edited by jefferson101; October 24th, 2010, 18:55.

Comment

Yup!!!

Seen the 7.62x39 ammo there at Wallys myself............I didn't note ANY bullet diameter on the box.........but I will look closer though!!!!

More than I'm used to paying, back in the 1980's, for sure......

Little tiny white boxes of 20, less than $5.00 each......labeled as "hunting cartridges".......in FMJ..........

It depends on what one may be hunting.......FOR......I guess..........

AND...apparently which rifle you wish to use it in!!!!!!!

BE CAREFUL out there, Folks!!!!!
                            Last edited by Led; November 16th, 2010, 19:15.
                            And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

Glad I stocked up back in the late mid-late 90's while still cheap. Don't shoot a lot of 7.62X39 due to a bad right shoulder. Thinking of purchasing a Draco. I'm very hesitant to part with any any of my weapons now. I may part with my mint Norinco SKS for a Draco but doubtful. I have a MAK90 which is getting some new conventional wood furniture over the Thanksgiving holidays.
                              JT

Comment

Working...
                              X