WWII German Bandolier Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWII German Bandolier Question

Did the Germans ever brand (ink stamp) their ammunition bandoliers with SS or other markings?

Curious. Wife picked up a bandolier of 7.92 at a garage sale today, plus a few loose clips, 50 rds in all. Said that guy has all manner of SS stuff he of course insisted was collectible.

I have 3 bandoliers of 7.92 I picked up at Knob Creek a few years back and they don't have any special markings on them. Manufactured 'collectibles?'

RR
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Re: WWII German Bandolier Question

As far as I know ammo was not marked for SS or any other units. I would highly suppect any quanities of marked goods. German bandos are 7 pocket and should have 70 rounds of ammo in them.

Can you post some pics??

Comment

It was the bandolier itself that was marked. The ammo has the standard manufacture markings the same as other ammo of the period.

Sorry, not able to post pics.

The stamps are green or black, sharp in detail, one circular stamp says Waffen SS, while a rectangular black stamp just says SS. I strongly suspect the guy was a total fraud. According to the wife the guy had a fixation with Nazi memorabilia.

The three loose clips are stand 5-round strippers with 7.92 that the guy claimed was 30.06 AP in Garand clips. Had I been there I'd have laughed at him.

RR
      Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Your wife is awesome. I could only wish mine would buy me surplus ammo at a garage sale, and it would give me a huge woody when she walked in the door and said "Look what I got you today".

Copperhead

Comment

Here are some links to info about Nazi bandoliers. I hope this helps.

http://www.balmungoutfitters.com/ima...r-close600.jpg

http://www.panzergrenadier.net/forum...t=8065&start=0

http://www.feldgrau.com/articles.php?ID=18

BTW the Nazi ammo I have came in boxes, not bandoliers.

Thx-Ace

Comment

The only ammo bandoleers used by the Germans in WW 2 are those shown above. They came in green, tan, blue and splinter camo. The only markings - IF any at all was a mfg mark.
            There was nothing like the US 30/06, Green 8mm or Brit 303 types.
            Since you don't say what your wife bought I have no idea whether it is a doctored original, a repro or the wrong type.
            Sarge
            Calling Illegal Aliens “Undocumented Residents” is like call Drug Dealers “Unlicensed Pharmacists!”
            LIFE MEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281AHC Assoc & CAF

Comment

The bandoliers are tan color cloth. Other than the ink stamps that purport to identify them as "SS" they are identical to others I have purchased in years past with 7.92 ammo within.

I'm really of the opinion that the guy is engaged in manufacturing fake war trophies, taking a benign but otherwise legit item and marking it so that it seems 'special' so he can ask a higher price.

RR

Comment

Working...
              X