XM193

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM193

Just got AIM email. $310/1,000 Federal XM193. 30 a round is still up there, but better than 45 + from this time last year. Heading in the right direction.

I wonder if the ramped up manufacturing, draw down in Iraq, & Nov elections will make a glut & force prices to take a little nosedive? Maybe not since many are like me & waiting for prices to drop, but if there are loading docks full of the stuff all the sudden prices will have to adjust - even if just for a little while.

Maybe $225 by the end of the year? Probably not, but I can wish...
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-- Benjamin Franklin

Re: XM193

Anyone actually shot any of this? One story says its good stuff, the other says its bad at losing primers.
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

I've put tens of thousands of rounds of XM193 downrange with no problems. I've always considered it & Win Q3131 among the best for mass-produced 55gr ball.

Other what's printed on the box, I can't tell the difference in it & the standard M193 I was issued in the Army. I've always assumed that at the Lake City plant, they run it all with the same components & processes. Some goes to uncle Sam as M193 & some goes to the civilian market as XM193, but it's all the same stuff.
      They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

When it get to .20/rd I will buy some more- will probably never happen but I don't get to shoot much.
        REMEMBER:
        If you do settle in Texas and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Texans.
        After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we ain't gonna call'em biscuits.

Comment

Working...
        X