.308 Pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .308 Pricing?

Okay, there's no easy answer, I know, but I'm going to ask any way.

What is a reasonable value for .308 ammo of mixed vintage and manufacture, 80's to 90's, Chinese Norinco, Hansen, Winchester FMJ and undetermined manufacture military rounds (maybe Portuguese or South African)? None of it is Wolf or Bear. I'm selling this to a guy who has something to feed it through, more as a favor to him than because I need the bux, but also because I have more pressing needs as far as ammo and this'll help fund those areas.

There's 200 rds of the Hansen alone, and between the Winchester and the Norinco there was another couple hundred+ rds. Bunch of loose stuff that has in some cases turned green but which should clean up well (aside from about a half dozen where the case walls are corroded - those need to be pulled and the cases discarded).

Also have a modest bunch of orange tip (tracer?) I picked up many years ago, a couple black tip, and some loose stuff of the same vintage (may be as old as late 60's to mid-70's, but I'm only guessing here).

I'm not interested in charging him top dollar but only a reasonable amount.

Guidelines appreciated.

RR
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Re: .308 Pricing?

40 cents a round is a good fair price for anything that isn't steel cased or corrosive. If its boxer primed non corrosive brass cased ammo 50 cents would be good

Comment

for that mixed bag of oldie but most likely still goodie stuff, I'd be willing to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $.35 to $.40 each.
      may the Bonnie Blue wave forever

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Comment

Yeah. 40 cents a round is reasonable.

I ran onto about 250 rounds of some really green USGI stuff from the middle 50's a while back, and offered the owner $75 for it, and got outbid.

I figured that 30 cents a round was reasonable for something that I'd have had to spend three or four hours to clean up enough to shoot, but someone else thought it was worth $100 to them.

That being the case, I can tell you what it's going for, in fairly poor condition.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Reasonable Rascal View Post
          There's 200 rds of the Hansen alone
          RR
          If that's the silver box Hansen that was made in Yugoslavia, I'd be willing to take it for $0.50 a round. (It's real flashy.) I'm not interested in the later stuff that was imported from Israel (no flash).

flashguy
          When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Comment

Thanks for the assist, guys. I settled on 38 cents a round for everything. He's a bud and I don't want to take advantage of him, especially since he's in charge of prostrate checks and such and I need my annual summer camp physical here real soon.

RR
            Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

Working...
            X