Yugo....7.62x39....Centerfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yugo....7.62x39....Centerfire

Ammo coming down....7.62x39 now under $200 per K.....
    http://www.centerfiresystems.com/am762y1000.aspx
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Re: Yugo....7.62x39....Centerfire

I probably ought to put another thousand rounds back, while I'm in the chips.

There are a few calibers that I basically will never have enough of, until I collapse the floor. 7.62x39, 9x18, 7.62x51, 9mm Para, and .45ACP? I'll use it eventually.

I could use some more 8mm and 7.62x54R, too, but that's more in the recreational class. I shoot those for recreation more than for serious practice or Zombie Drills.

'Course, I could really stand some more 30-06, too. I ought to toss an order off to CMP. I might get it by next July or so.

The one caliber that I figure I'm fairly well set with is 7.62x25. The Toks and the CZ-52 are pretty much delegated for recreational shooting, and I've got a little over 4k of that in hand, which ought to last me a few years yet.

I roll my own for all of those, too, with the exception of the 7.62x39, but will often pay a 20% or so premium over what I can load it for just to have some that I didn't have to stuff up. (So many calibers, so little time!!!!!)

Plus if it's reloadable, I can always use the brass again.
    Last edited by jefferson101; October 16th, 2009, 18:27.
    Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Jefferson....et al......you might rethink CMP....eh?
      Took over 5 months for my .30 carbine ammo to get here and they're OUT of 30/06 right now.
      Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
      I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

Originally posted by TheMrMitch View Post
        Jefferson....et al......you might rethink CMP....eh?
        Took over 5 months for my .30 carbine ammo to get here and they're OUT of 30/06 right now.

Dude! I said it might get here by next July! I've got "enough", but if I get the urge to go shoot the Garand a couple of times in a month again this fall, I will need another 200 rounds or so to replace that, sooner or later. We won't talk about taking the 03-A3 out for a walk occasionally, because that only involves 50 or so rounds per session.

I stuff my Garand clips back up with my loose ammo, but that's getting a bit thin on the ground for stuffing. And I've only got about 150 Garand clips anyway, so I should get some more ammo, or buy some more 4895 powder, or both, right?
        Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Aim Surplus has Russian(Tula Cartridge Works(TCW)) $200 for a 1000 rounds and it's non corrosive.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/T...22grn_FMJ.html

AW76239Tula Tula Catridge Works 7.62x39 122grn FMJ

Item#AW76239Tula
          New Russian Tula Cartidge Works 7.62x39 ammunition. Features a 122grn lead core full bi-metal jacketed bullet, polymer coated steel case, and non-corrosive berdan primer. Packaged 20rds to a box, and 1,000rds (50 boxes) to a case. While supplies last.

1,000rd case (50 boxes): $200.00ea

Comment

I'm agonizing between buying a couple cases now to be sure I can get some or playing the waiting game in hope that prices haven't bottomed out yet. I have plenty of everything now provided I don't go crazy one day and shoot it up but having extra ammo of all sizes and shapes so I can get in more trigger time would be very good right now. I fear my shooting only 22 rimfire in both handguns and rifles has allowed my already limited ability to sink even lower.
            "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
            The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

Working...
            X