Difference in manuals... Cabela's & Pietta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in manuals... Cabela's & Pietta

I just purchased a 1851 Marshal and a 1858 Remington from Cabela's. The Pietta manual states that the maxium powder load is 15 grans of FFFg while the Cabela's produced manual states 35 grains of FFFg.

What load is the correct one?
    U.S. Marine Corps: Pirates hate us more than Ninjas

It's like having a glass window with a label saying "Caution: do not wipe with a hammer"

Re: Difference in manuals... Cabela's & Pietta

For which revolver? They are two different animals.......

The 1851 has the barrel held on with a wedge. Lower charges are recommended for this.....if you want it to last a long time without getting "sloppy"......but 15 grains sounds awful anemic.....I should think it could handle a little more than that...... Maybe 25 to 30 grains??

The 1858 will accept, and handle 35 grains easily, as it is a full framed revolver.

Last edited by Led; September 30th, 2009, 12:43.
    And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

Moved to the Ammo Forum.
      Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

I've always just filled mine up as far as they will go minus the ball.

BISHOP
        The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

Originally posted by BISHOP View Post
          I've always just filled mine up as far as they will go minus the ball.

BISHOP
          Yup!! Both will hold the same amount of powder, just the 1858 is the one I would trust to last longer with equivelent charges.......

The 1851.......it wouldn't hurt to back off some.......
          And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

Working...
          X