Ammo is coming down a bit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo is coming down a bit!

I don't care how much you hate Wal-Mart. I have my issues with them, too.

But the last three weeks or so? Ammo is coming back big time.

I have been buying Federal .40 S&W for $14.69/50 rounds. Winchester .357 Sig for $21 and change, and I even caught a box of 100 rounds of .357 Mag for $38.99.

I finally cleaned them out of .40 ammo. It was that or clean them out of .357 Sig, and I have more of that than I do .40, so the choice was obvious. They've had .22 LR in stock all the time for three or four months now.

Some of the prices are still a bit beyond me. I can reload .45ACP for a whole lot less than $24/50, and I don't need the brass, so I can pass on that, and .357 Mag and .44 Mag are outrageous. I'll roll my own. But every time I go to Wal-Mart I buy some ammo. It may be a couple boxes of CCI .22 Mini-Mags or a box or so of 12ga slugs or buckshot, but it's there again, mostly.

I'm going to have to build another shelf before long, at this rate.
    Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Re: Ammo is coming down a bit!

I saved up all my once fired factory brass for my .40 for a couple of years, and was finally beginning to get close to running low on new factory rounds, so I reloaded all the once fired brass.

Now I have enough practice ammo reloads to last me for a couple years, plus some factory stuff.

I noticed that Cabela's had a good price on 12 ga. shotshells, but I have plenty.
    The Washington Government can take their “Global Empire” and shove it up their “Pelosi”!

Comment

Just got a sale flyer in our weekly rural newspaper from a semi-local gunshop (about 40 miles away). This weekend they're having a truckload ammo sale. .22LR Federal 525rnd bulk pack or bricks of Rem for $14.99. American Eagle 9mm $9.99/50 .40 $11.99/50 .45 13.99/50 .223 is $5.99/20 .308FMJ is $7.49/20 12ga #7.5 100rnd packs are $17. Other brands at similar prices. They're limiting sales to 5 cases.
      Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you!

Comment

And I would be in Iraq when the prices are coming back down.

Will have to send the wife up to the local shop and Wal-Mart.

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
        X