Ammo Costs Dropping......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo Costs Dropping......

J&G....7.62x39 is $229.95 per 1000......yup....maybe easing a bit.
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Re: Ammo Costs Dropping......

I too have read about it coming down but its not readily evident at gunshows around these parts yet-
    Man alive all I saw was tables full of ammo but it was typical 50 cent 223 and 70 cent berdan primed 308. Romanian 8mm $120 per can Silly money to me.
    I imagine these sellers own this stuff way too high and once the wholesalers get some stock to the big boys- real stock and also to gun dealers then the guys at shows will see the light of day and hopefully dump it, take their hicky and move on. Heck I saw primers still at $4/100- good luck with that!!
    REMEMBER:
    If you do settle in Texas and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Texans.
    After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we ain't gonna call'em biscuits.

Comment

if you think its dropping, look at a recent Cheaper than Dirt catalog.
      may the Bonnie Blue wave forever

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Comment

aside from the slowcoaches still trying to squeeze every dollar they can based on supply/demand out of my wallet (they've failed) I'm seeing 5.56 coming below 40 cents/round. At that point it starts to become attractive. (Mid-30's for new production is pretty reasonable. The same price for surplus is still a joke.)
        Last edited by bxn; August 20th, 2009, 09:37.
        When government shifts from defining what is wrong, with the direct implication that all else is acceptable, to defining what is right, with the insidious suggestion that all else may be suspect if not subversive, then we are well on the way to a police state.

Business, society and government all exist solely to serve the interests of the people. Of, By, For.

Comment

I noticed today, that Samco Global has Privi 7.62X39 on strippers for $290 for 1260 rounds.
          WITH STRIPPER CLIPS (10 rounds per clip)
          Manufactured by PRVI PARTIZAN factory
          Yugoslavia in the 70's, FMJ, 123 Gr., C/BE, Brass cases,
          Lead core bullet, Packed 40 rds per box.
          1120 rds per sealed zinc lined wooden case.
          Wt. 62 lbs
          may the Bonnie Blue wave forever

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Comment

The only primers I've heard of, not actually seen, were priced $6.00 per 100. I was told the guy had 40,000 first morning of the gunshow, was sold out by early afternoon.
            "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
            The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannlicher View Post
              I noticed today, that Samco Global has Privi 7.62X39 on strippers for $290 for 1260 rounds.
              OHHHH......how I long for the days when THAT......would have been $200......TOO MUCH!!!!

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

Quote:
                WITH STRIPPER CLIPS (10 rounds per clip)
                Manufactured by PRVI PARTIZAN factory
                Yugoslavia in the 70's, FMJ, 123 Gr., C/BE, Brass cases,
                Lead core bullet, Packed 40 rds per box.
                1120 rds per sealed zinc lined wooden case.
                Wt. 62 lbs
                That stuff is corrosive. Notice that they DON'T say non-corrosive....

BISHOP
                The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

C/BE stands for corrosive berdan

Comment

Originally posted by BISHOP View Post

That stuff is corrosive. Notice that they DON'T say non-corrosive....

BISHOP
                    Comblock ammo from any time before the current millenium is almost certainly corrosive. Granted, some folks don't know that, but they should pay attention for long enough to find out.

FWIW, that Yugo stuff is decent shooting ammo. Or at least it was 15 or 20 years ago. Reliable and accurate. I may even still have some left around, somewhere, in the bottom of a .50 can.

YMMV, but I don't quite trust any Russian ammo to be totally noncorrosive, even new production Wolf. Mercuric primers are cheaper, don't you know?

Just know what you are shooting, and be careful out there!
                    Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

I just got 2160 rounds of 5.45 from AIM for a few cents under $300 shipped. Not as good the $120/case it was a while back, but looking at .30-.50/rnd for .223 or .308, I don't mind .14/rnd at all. Even new production from AIM is .23/rnd, not including shipping. Sounds good to me.

What I would absolutely love to see is a box of .45 for under $10...

Comment

Working...
                      X