AK ammo query: Wolf MC vs. Brown Bear vs. Golden Tiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK ammo query: Wolf MC vs. Brown Bear vs. Golden Tiger

Hi. I want to buy more AK ammo (7.62x39mm) but have read on some forums that Wolf "black box" fodder has been unreliable lately, i.e. failure to fire. Is Wolf Military Classic ammo better than the Wolf "black box" ammo in terms of reliability? How do these Wolf brands compare to Golden Tiger or the white-box Ulyanovsk stuff?

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the newbie questions...

Re: AK ammo query: Wolf MC vs. Brown Bear vs. Golden Tiger

All things being the way they are. I would go with the Golden Tiger or try and locate some Yugo stuff.

Here is a good price on some Golden Tiger.

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.c...dir=18|830|852

Tread

Comment

Re: AK ammo query: Wolf MC vs. Brown Bear vs. Golden Tiger

I'd tend to agree with the "Golden Tiger" suggestion, and that is a decent price on it, nowadays.

OTOH, it depends on who is making the Brown Bear. That brand, and the "Silver Bear" with the plated cases, comes from various sources. And if it's coming from Barnaul Arsenal, that's what I'd buy.

I've run a fairly decent amount of Russian ammo over the years, and the one manufacturer that I can say that I've never had an issue with over something is Barnaul.

Note that none of the issues were severe enough to keep me from using more of that breed of ammo, but I'd buy a couple of hundred rounds first and see if it was acting up this year before I went to case lots....Except for Barnaul. That, I'll take without hesitation, because they've never let me down.
      Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Working...
      X