Best way to seal shotshells?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to seal shotshells?

Just got a five month old backorder of a case of Fiochi reduced recoil buckshot today. I notice that in the center of the crimp, there is a hole over 1/16" diameter in every shell. I can't imagine this being a good thing if caught in a rainstorm so any way to seal these without using something that'll gum up the works, I'd appreciate!
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Re: Best way to seal shotshells?

Yeah. Just drop some candle wax in the holes.
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

Originally posted by TheMrMitch View Post
      Yeah. Just drop some candle wax in the holes.
      Yep. If you can find someone our age who just had a birthday party, get those little candles. If you are careful, you can get one drop at a time from them fairly fast, and they'll do 10 or so shells each, once you figure out the right angle to hold them at.

And if you have a whole case to process, you'll figure it out!

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

I'll be sure to use those trick ones that can't be blown out. I also find myself wondering just how many fingers I'll have burned by the time I do 200 shotshells. I just hope I don't burn down the house in the process!
        "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
        The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

Working...
        X