.22 LR sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .22 LR sale

Centerfire systems has Armscor .22LR on sale. 5000 rds for $249.99 with free shipping. http://www.centerfiresystems.com/am22-hvac03hp.aspx
    It Should be good plinking ammo.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Re: .22 LR sale

thanks

Comment

not all that much of a bargain, as its about double what the Federal Bulk packs are costing at Wally World.

on the other hand, if Centerfire really has them in stock.....................
      may the Bonnie Blue wave forever

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Comment

I hope they are in stock, I ordered a case.
        I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
        Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Yeah. At this point in time, it's not so much what it costs as it is if you can find it.

I've been passing up .22 LR in favor of 12ga Buckshot or Slugs the past 6 months or so....But I'm covered up in .22 LR, and can use more 12ga.

OTOH, the next time I find Remington or Federal bulk packs at Wally world, I will probably grab a couple boxes. Or more, if they keep having it. It's not as if it's going to ruin on me.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by jefferson101 View Post
            At this point in time, it's not so much what it costs as it is if you can find it.

pretty much

Comment

Is is any good? 'Who' manufactures it?

I've never heard of it. What is the typical accuracy?

Comment

Ok...so I tried my Google-Fu out and came across these responses in a varminting forum:

It's manufactured by Armscor in Marikina City, Philippines...

It's junk. Another instance of somebody slapping the word "Precision" on a polished turd.

and...

PMC, Armscor, Fiocchi, all off brand CRAP!

and...

They were very dirty also. IMO, if you want a cheap plinking round, and don't mind a little gunk, why not.

Sounds like accuracy might be lacking a bit, it might be a bit dirty (no big deal to me), but it will probably be plenty good enough for plinking tin cans.

Please post your opinions when you've gotten a chance to run a couple of boxes of it. I'ld appreciate it.

Comment

As soon as it comes in I'll try to run a box of it through a couple of my semi-auto's. Then I'll post back here. I do have a couple of boxes of concordes made there. They were to hot for semi's, but work great in bolt actions.
                  Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

The Federal 550 pack is going for $14.95 here.
                    I'll stick with that.

Comment

Karl, I would too, but .22 ammo is very scarce here in Las Vegas. Just got it on the BBT, have to try it out this weekend.
                      Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Just had a chance to run a box of it through my Marlin Papoose, It seems very consistant. Unlike a bunch of remington-peters I have. A little dirty, but it was minute of clay pidgeon at 30 yds with the coarse sights and off hand shooting. I wouldnt have a problem with hunting jack rabbits with the stuff.
                        Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                        X