9X19 NORINCO Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9X19 NORINCO Question

I was going through some old ammo boxes and re-discovered some 9x19 Norinco in 50 round white-paper boxes with styrofoam holding the rounds. The boxes are marked on top "9x19 mm" and "MADE IN CHINA BY NORINCO", and on the sides "50 CARTRIDGES". The bullet is FMJ with an elongated round nose. Both the brass and the bullet are brass/gold-colored. The headstamp is "9x19" at 12 o'clock, "92" at 6 o'clock, "C" at 9 o'clock, and "J" at 3 o'clock. I fired a box or two with my Glock with no troubles just to make sure the stuff goes bang. No rust problems noted. I'm going to break in some new Korean G18 magazines with it. And now the question, is this ammo known to be corrosive?
    Kentucky Colonel - Kentucky Proud; NRA Endowment member; GOA Life member...
    Retired Army - PRO PATRIA VIGILANS - Go Signal!

Re: 9X19 NORINCO Question

norinco has always been suspect to be mild corrosive primers....house-keeping is the rule of the day

Comment

Re: 9X19 NORINCO Question

Originally posted by BOLTRIPPER View Post
      norinco has always been suspect to be mild corrosive primers....house-keeping is the rule of the day
      What he said!

My theory has always been that any Comblock ammo from before 2000 or so is suspect. And since it takes an extra three minutes to clean for corrosive, I lean toward the "better safe than sorry" theory. When in doubt, start your cleaning process with a couple of patches wet with Windex.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Working...
      X