.30 Carbine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .30 Carbine

Yesterday, Natchez had Aguila brand .30 Carbine, 110 gr FMJ for I believe $17.95 a box/50.
    Thats the first .30 Carbine I have seen online in many months.
    may the Bonnie Blue wave forever

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Re: .30 Carbine

That's $.36 a shot before shipping. Not too awful bad.....yet.
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

Natchez has .30 Carbine, S&B brand, at $19/50

not a bargain by any means, but they have it. My guess is not for long.

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Comment

If you plan to reload the casings, I'll note that S&B wouldn't be my first choice. Or even the second or third, for that matter.

I've pretty much taken to culling their pistol brass out when I reload, because most all of it I've run into has a bad habit of splitting after the second or third time through.

I can't say for sure about their rifle brass, because I've never used enough of it to have formed much opinion of how it reloads, but I'd be surprised if it's any better than their pistol brass is.

FWIW
        Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

I won't be reloading the .30 carbine stuff. I don't shoot much, and have a fair amount on hand.
          I look at the platform as a third or forth line weapon, and really just have them because I like the little carbines, and my wife is comfortable having one for her HD weapon.

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Comment

Exactly. My wife and daughter both like the carbines better than AR's.
            God,grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,courage to change the things I can,and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by GOODOLDGUY View Post
              Exactly. My wife and daughter both like the carbines better than AR's.

It ain't just the girls.

My old Daddy spent 25 years in the Air Force, (Including the Army Air Corps.) and in spite of the fact that he has an Air Gunnery medal for working a pair of .50 BMG's, he'd never fired a Garand until I stuck him behind one about 2 years ago.

He did basic with an 03 Springfield, and the Air Force always qualified him with one of those M-2 grease guns from then on.

He still prefers them. If I could run onto an M-1 Carbine reasonable, I'd probably give it to him.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Working...
              X