.223 Military vs Commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: .223 Military vs Commercial

I would not consider anything in the lower as needing to be run wet nor would I consider the term 'generously' as meaning wet.
    There is no I' n team!
    www.cjcs-supply.net
    There are three types of people in the world: 1. Those that can count. 4. Those that can't.
    So, am I your man Mr. Dumbass? The name, is Dumaas!

Comment

Thats the reason some of us like the AK, just throw some KY in it and let it run. LOL

Comment

read the ammo oracle

http://ammo.ar15.com/ammo/
        may the Bonnie Blue wave forever

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Comment

Great web site. Bookmarked - for sure. Thanks.

Comment

Well, since I started this tread, here is some follow-up. I got to shoot my son-in-laws Bushmaster today and it worked just fine with both Remmington .223 and mil-spec 5.56 ammo.
            He had tried different mags at my suggestion, and found one marked Colt that was the offender. All his others worked fine. Unfortunately he left that one at home so I never did really get to look at it.
            Thanks to all for the very enlightening responses, I certainly learned a lot.

Comment

One thing you should take with you, regarding this issue, is that your magazines are of utmost importance.
              As with any other gear that you depend on to save your bacon, each magazine should be tested and checked for function BEFORE you find yourself in a time of crisis.
              may the Bonnie Blue wave forever

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Comment

Glad you got it to run for you and the offender is one of the multitude of Colt/military mags (ugh)
                aluminum, black, green, orange followers- g whiz what is a girl to do- hahahhahaha

Man, that whole anti tilt thing sorta got out of control didn't it?????????? green =BS as does Orange

Light grey that do not stick when the rear is pressed down seem to work well but YMMV-
                I bought only the HK mags for way too much dinero ($30) but at least I eliminate one possible problem.

Mark
                REMEMBER:
                If you do settle in Texas and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Texans.
                After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we ain't gonna call'em biscuits.

Comment

Working...
                X