.50 Ammo price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .50 Ammo price

Just a question, what is a normal price on USGI .50BMG Ball Headstamp SL4 ??

There's heaps of that WW2 ammo on the german market.

Re: .50 Ammo price

APIT.... I would think anything under $2.50 would be a GREAT deal at this time.
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

sounds good, it's way below that $2,50...... at least I'm not doing bad, that brass is reloadable so I'm doing well anyway.

Comment

have you seen what WW2 vintage .50 ammo do to barrels.......?

Comment

Originally posted by BOLTRIPPER View Post
          No, what's the problem?

Comment

Some of it is corrosive, but if the weapon is cleaned right after shooting it should be good. The St Louis ammo you have found was some good ammo.

And right now finding ANY 50 cal ammo in the US for under $5.00 a round is doing good!

Comment

Possibly steel jacket, copper washed. Put a magnet to it to check or scuff the wash off in a small spot.

For a stellite-lined machinegun barrel...who cares? <$2.50 is a STEAL for blasting away. Like Hawk said, it's more like $5 a bang in my neighborhood.

For use in a $9,000 Barrett...I'ld think about pulling the bullet and using the brass.

Comment

Campy, you're right, bullet is copperwashed, tried it with a magnet a minute ago.
                Ammo is for an Steyr HS50. Barret's are very rare in Germany, only a handful left the US before 2003.

corrosive doesn't bother me at all, about 50% of the ammo i shoot is corrosive.
                Btw, found out last saturday that PC 43 .30 carbine ammo is corrosive as well and that ammo smells worse than surplus East European 7,62x54.
                Last edited by APIT; April 27th, 2009, 14:36.

Comment

Working...
                X