Ammo tins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo tins

This container full of 7.62 x 25mm Tokarev ammunition arrived recently, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience or ideas on how to open them up some way that is safe for the ammo and also pretty easy to do?

Re: Ammo tins

I like to use my cutting tourch

Seriously though, look for a tab to pull. some have them. If not, you can open up a spot and use tin snips.

I could see a grunt using his bayonet and a rock!

Thx-Ace

Comment

Yes on a pull tab. I have opened them before and the top *won't* fit nicely back.
      Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
      I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeV View Post
        This container full of 7.62 x 25mm Tokarev ammunition arrived recently, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience or ideas on how to open them up some way that is safe for the ammo and also pretty easy to do?

There is a tab in the LH corner of this picture. Pop it up with a screwdriver, (You'll have to tap on it with you hand a bit to get it loose, probably.) and then grab it with a pair of pliers, and pull around.

Do it outdoors. That's lead solder. I'm not a fanatic about lead exposure, but I don't have kids in the house.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Working...
        X