20 guage buckshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 guage buckshot

It seems #3 buck is about the largest standard size pellet available for the 20 guage. Would that be do to the smaller powder load compared to the 12 guage? I am looking for a home defense round for my wife to use in her semi 20 guage.

Re: 20 guage buckshot

You must be thinking about birdshot?

Around these parts we have #2, BB, T and F shot for 20gain 25 round boxes. Then slugs and buckshot multiple sizes but only in 5 round boxes.

Comment

Found #2 buckshot in 3inch mag, 18 pellets per round made by Federal. They had the copper plated and reg.
      I picked up a box of each to see which patterned best.

#3 buck is available in 18 or 21 pellets I believe. Just not available in my parts.

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about #3 buck in a 20-gauge. At HD ranges it's every bit as attention-getting as 12-gauge #2. If penetrating heavy clothing is a concern, make every other shell a slug.

Comment

its almost impossible to find #2 buck in 20 ga round here. The only #2 I have found, I bought online from Midway.
          I have full confidence in the #3 though.
          may the Bonnie Blue wave forever

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Comment

You can still find OO buck for a 20 guage but its more expensive. Saw somw #2 shot not long ago at my locaL GUN STORE.
            Peter 5:8
            "Be sober, be vigilant; Because your adversary the Devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking who he may devour."

Comment

It must be a Florida thing. Anything other than bird shot in 20 gauge is very hard to find.
              I did however stumble onto a find at the local K-Mart.
              2 3/4", Winchester Super-X, 20 gauge, #3 Buck, 20 pellet, buffered, 5 round boxes, on clearance for $2 each.
              They had 32 boxes, so I bought 32 boxes.
              Now the wife can slay zombies 'till the cows come home.
              "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" ("When all else fails, play dead.") -Red Green-

Comment

Standard 2-3/4 20's are loaded with number 3 buckshot, 3" loads are usually if not always, number 2's. Twelve's can be found in both 2-3/4 and 3 inch loaded with number 4's; 1's; Sizes ought, double ought and triple ought. If there are other sizes or variations from this I'm not aware of them. 2-3/4 number 3 buck has 20 pellets a bit larger than 25 caliber, they should do a wonderful job on targets not wearing armour. Con-man, you got your 32 boxes at about 1/2 dealer price when shipping is added in. Great price!
                "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
                The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

Working...
                X