Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Odd 9mm Ammo.

It was as the guy described and now he is out of the stuff so it didn't matter, thanks for the offer.

I have noticed even the corrosive ammo is sold out at the less expensive prices on the web, who would have thought it would come down to this?

Leave a comment:

• jefferson101
    replied

Originally posted by Duncan M View Post
    $5.00 per box of 50. They are shaped like lipstick (Elongated bullet) and I got a box and fired some, the base of the rounds will bulge. Boxer primed and from what I can tell not corrosive. I will try to pull a round and dremmel it because the guy selling it said steel core.
    If you want to know exactly what's in it, if you can send me a bullet (Note I said "bullet", not loaded round!) we can section it up and do hardness tests on it.

I say "we" advisedly. Sling's the metallurgist, but I offer unnecessary advice, running rude commentary, and take the pictures when we're doing that sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

$5.00 per box of 50. They are shaped like lipstick (Elongated bullet) and I got a box and fired some, the base of the rounds will bulge. Boxer primed and from what I can tell not corrosive. I will try to pull a round and dremmel it because the guy selling it said steel core.

Leave a comment:

• jefferson101
    replied

I think I've shot some of that. I remember that color boxes, with Chinese characters and poor English and numbers on it. And my memory says that it's nicely hot, but not quite +P.

According to my 15 year old memory, it cycled a Hi-Point 9mm Carbine that MagTech ammo wouldn't. Which makes it hotter than the MagTech 9mm was, but that was pretty much light loads. The MagTech even short stroked my P-1 occasionally.

But I shot that same Chinese in the P-1 and a BHP without any issues, and seem to recall being quite happy with it, to the point where it went on my "get more if you can find it" list.

Column B is that I treat all Chinese or Eastern Block Ammo as Corrosive, unless it's from this Century. The cleaning process with Windex takes two more minutes, and it's better safe than sorry.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I thought all chicom ammo was corrosive? Thx-Ace

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan
    replied

How much is it per box?

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Odd 9mm Ammo.

Odd 9mm Ammo.

I have the chance to get some 9x19 ammo from China it is FMJ copper washed but the cases are boxer primed and brass. I have been told it isn't corrosive but "OLD" pre-ban and +P. They are packaged 50 per box and the color is grey with black writng = Comments?
Working...
X