• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk45
    replied
    Re: .30 cal M-1 Carbine Ammo

Originally posted by Mannlicher View Post
    I have shot thousands of rounds of Georgia Arms .30 Carbine. Right now, they have fmj and sp available. Looks like you can get 1000 rounds of SP for $390.
    http://georgia-arms.com/30carbine-1.aspx
    That is not a bad price and Ga Arms does make good reloads, but if my old math is correct the Aquila is factory loads on Remington or Winchester machinery for $310 for 1000 plus $16.90 for shipping. Also the brass IS reloadable.

Leave a comment:

• Mannlicher
    replied

Originally posted by GOODOLDGUY View Post
    Who makes the best ammo in this caliber?? So far, Federal sems to be the most impressive. I have tried UMC, Remington, Winchester and even Wolf. I've looked for Lake City, but no luck. Ordered some S&B just for drill. TIA.
    I have shot thousands of rounds of Georgia Arms .30 Carbine. Right now, they have fmj and sp available. Looks like you can get 1000 rounds of SP for $390.
    http://georgia-arms.com/30carbine-1.aspx

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Georgia Arms

Leave a comment:

• GOODOLDGUY
    replied

Thanks, Hawk.

Leave a comment:

• Hawk45
    replied

Just saw in the latest American Rifleman that DCM is selling the Aquilia 30 carbine ammo now. $155 plus $8.95 for shipping and handleing for 500 rounds. Non corrosive and boxer primed so it is reloadable.

Leave a comment:

• GOODOLDGUY
    replied

Thanks, Campy. S&B seems to be the most plentiful at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• CAMPYBOB
    replied

In no particular order:

Wolf
    Aguila
    S&B

Aguila is a little less hot than USGI and shoots to a bit lower POI, but seems to be consistent and accurate. YMMV.

Wolf is a bit sooty, but runs well in my carbines and scores plenty good enough compared to S&B.

S&B worked fine for me and scored well on paper.

I have not tried Magtech or Remington. Remington manufactures a softpoint.

Leave a comment:

• GOODOLDGUY
    replied

Thanks. That's what my Dad thinks, too. Guess we'll have to study up a bit and get down to the ammo store.

Leave a comment:

• paintballmagnet
    replied

Have you considered reloading? Either a soft point or hollow point would be light years more efffective than the fmj thats prevalent on the market. They actually get the carbine up off its knees, turning it into a viable short range weapon, I've seen quite a few deer taken with a carbine out to 100 yards using hollowpoints. Just a suggestion for what its worth.....

Leave a comment:

• GOODOLDGUY
    started a topic .30 cal M-1 Carbine Ammo

.30 cal M-1 Carbine Ammo

Who makes the best ammo in this caliber?? So far, Federal sems to be the most impressive. I have tried UMC, Remington, Winchester and even Wolf. I've looked for Lake City, but no luck. Ordered some S&B just for drill. TIA.
Working...
X