Ammo Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo Prices

Just got a catalog touting FMJ .308 at $.76 per round as a bargin! I've been living in a cave, but have things gotten that bad? Especially since the military is apparently using a lot more .223 than .308. I know AK ammo is getting expensive, but this seems ridiculous.

Re: Ammo Prices

I am afraid that its true. The situation is getting worse by the day its seems. .308 ammo is expensive. The days of cheap plinking are gone.

The best place I have found for ammo has been www.wideners.com or try Aim Surplus.

Good Luck
    Tread

Comment

Give it a year or two, we'd be happy to pay only 76 cents for a round of .308. Or .223 or 7.62 Russian or.......? I just bought a 700 some odd round case of Greek '06 on Garand clips for $280. Wish the guy hadda had more for sale even though I don't even own a Garand...YET! Heck, its getting so that even 22 rimfire is costing me a fortune as its all I can halfway afford to shoot!
      "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
      The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

I paid $440/1000 the other day for Winchester Q3131 5.56

I can't see prices coming down any time soon.

The last 7.62 NATO I bought was Lithuaniana from Ammoman.com. I think I paid $540/1000 for that.
        Last edited by Mannlicher; November 27th, 2008, 20:52.
        may the Bonnie Blue wave forever

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Comment

The sheeple are finally waking up and are in full panic buying mode! Thusly ALL ammo is getting hard to find and when it is found it is EXPENSIVE.

About the only cheap ammo out there is 38 special and 22 long rifle.

If you want to see REAL sticker shock, price some 50 BMG ammo!

Comment

I think we missed the boat this summer/fall with 5.45x39 for .10 a round!! I don't even own an AK-74, but that was the only cheap round left. I guess that's why 74's are so damn expensive now!!

Comment

Anyone recall back when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, .308 was going for a buck per round? Guess they must have figured it was well worth the price paid to get to fire it at a Russian invader. I sincerely hope we don't mirror this in the future.
              "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
              The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

Working...
              X