Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: The first blow by Osama!

[QUOTE=vicg1;386818]Catalogs are worthless. Check the web for prices which are closest to current... QUOTE]

Exactly!

I ordered 20 boxes of .308 from CTDirt on Nov 4th for $7.97 per box. Seven days later on the 11th, I went to order 20 more and the price for the same brand was up to $9.29. AIM has a 10-14 day wait on ALL orders posted on their web site due to excessive orders. www.aim.com

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by papasmurf113 View Post
    Don't know your sources but cheaper than dirt catalog came today and ammo is down about 2 bucks for the most part.I get their catalog regularly and haven't seen any prices doubled,or even close to doubling.
    Have seen some sellout of certain ammo,but doubled?

Catalogs are worthless. Check the web for prices which are closest to current... Wolf 762x39 at CTD is $349 per case. Winchester white box 100 rounds of 40S&W is $44.95.

Leave a comment:

• TheMrMitch
    replied

Well....been expecting it. I want a luger and maybe a little bit more .223 ammo. Otherwise, fine with what I have and prolly have enough for my lifetime.

Got enough .50 cal to sell and build an addition to my shack if I want....don't want.

Have reloaded before and could reload all winter if I choose. In my own separate shack with a wood stove.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I went to WalMart today in West Plains, MO. They still had plenty of ammo out for hunting season at the same prices I noticed a month ago. Of course those prices are about 40% higher than two years ago.

The rifle display seemed to look about the same as most of the year, although they don't seem to be carrying as much selection as in prior years.

Leave a comment:

• papasmurf113
    replied

Originally posted by paintballmagnet View Post
    Anyone noticed how much ammo has gone up in the last two days? Lowest price increase I've seen was close to 25%, this at Wideners. Rip Off artists such as Cheaper than Dirt have, from what I hear, raised prices near double what pre election prices were. Well, as for me, unlike gasoline, I can get by without buying any more ammunition, hope they choke on it!

Don't know your sources but cheaper than dirt catalog came today and ammo is down about 2 bucks for the most part.I get their catalog regularly and haven't seen any prices doubled,or even close to doubling.
    Have seen some sellout of certain ammo,but doubled?

Leave a comment:

• papasmurf113
    replied

Mannlicher, at present whether we discuss ammunition or food or gasoline, the "law of supply and demand" has become nothing but greedy people taking advantage of their fellow Americans.

LIke the increase in "assault weapons"? How many of the price increase is due to individuals trying to get theirs?

Would you sell off something for less than it's value,just to avoid ripping off your fellow Americans?

Should gold be selling for the 1930 price?houses? Did you sell your house for what you paid for it or did you make an obscene profit?
    imo ammo should be sold for 2.00 per thousand,guns for 10.00 anything else is pure greed comrade.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Mannlicher, at present whether we discuss ammunition or food or gasoline, the "law of supply and demand" has become nothing but greedy people taking advantage of their fellow Americans.
    Now you're using the terms of the left.

Why are they greedy? Because they have a product to sell and put a price on it that people are willing (albeit grudgingly) to pay?

Are you honestly saying that if you were an ammo dealer and had a case of whatever for $150, but everyone else was getting $300...you wouldn't consider raising your prices a bit?

It sucks, but it's business.

Leave a comment:

• paintballmagnet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mannlicher
    replied

I managed to buy some Blazer .38 Special for back up purposes, 500 rounds for $113, and a few bucks to deliver.

Sportsmans Guide. Same price as it was back in June, so not everyone is a 'rip off artisit'.

ammo prices follow supply and demand like everything else. We capitalists should applaud the way the market works.

If your boss needs extra hours worked (demand), and you have the time to do the OT, (supply), do you do it for regular pay? Nope, of course not. Supply and demand in action.

Leave a comment:

• ah1g
    replied

Well that did not take long. What like four days. Locally the gun shops have been running out of guns and ammo. "Assault Riles" (hate using that name but that is what the local station calls them) are specially going fast. Seems the panic has started already. Sigh! I got hooked on that back when slick signed the AWB and went and paid twice the price for a AK that I could have gotten it for later. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• paintballmagnet
    started a topic The first blow by Osama!

The first blow by Osama!

Anyone noticed how much ammo has gone up in the last two days? Lowest price increase I've seen was close to 25%, this at Wideners. Rip Off artists such as Cheaper than Dirt have, from what I hear, raised prices near double what pre election prices were. Well, as for me, unlike gasoline, I can get by without buying any more ammunition, hope they choke on it!
Working...
X