Prices coming down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices coming down?

Saw a discussion on another board that mentioned component prices are coming down. Copper, lead, etc. With gas also coming down, and the dollar getting stronger, and the fighting in Iraq decreasing, should we not be seeing prices come down?

Re: Prices coming down?

As long as we keep buying all we can get our hands on at current inflated prices, it ain't never gonna come down. In fact, Wally world just got their pre-deer season shipment in and those prices are up from what they already had in stock.
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

Originally posted by paintballmagnet View Post
      As long as we keep buying all we can get our hands on at current inflated prices, it ain't never gonna come down. In fact, Wally world just got their pre-deer season shipment in and those prices are up from what they already had in stock.
      Someone else said something similar in the other thread, as well, and I'm still not sure I agree.

We are paying these prices because if we don't, we won't be buying any ammo, right? And presumably dealers are selling at the prices they are selling because they can't get it much cheaper, either. Well, if Wolf wholesale on a case of .223 is $180 and they sell to us for $200, what happens when wholesale goes to $160? Most dealers will say, hey, they are buying at $200, I will stick with that...well, one of them is going to say screw this, I want a bigger piece of the customer pie and now he runs a sale at $180. Won't be long before everyone else will have to match it.

It does seem that the gun retail industry has more than its fair share of douchebag dealers, probably due to the sheer enormity of the number of products...at some point, they bet on catching a sucker to buy a $500 M48 with a Tasco scope on it labeled as a "rare serbian SS sniper" or whatever. And yeah, my local shops are running $6.99/box Wolf ammo and $30 rusted out Euro AK mags. But especially on the internet with the more reputable sites, like AIM, I'm pretty sure if wholesale comes down, we'll see some price drops.

Or maybe that's my credit card doing some wishful thinking

Comment

with the concerns folks have about the aftermath of an Hussein Obama win, sales are continuing to be brisk. Gun dealers and ammunition outlets are not lowering prices while there is money to be made from folks that are buying late.
        may the Bonnie Blue wave forever

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Comment

Originally posted by Mannlicher View Post
          with the concerns folks have about the aftermath of an Hussein Obama win, sales are continuing to be brisk. Gun dealers and ammunition outlets are not lowering prices while there is money to be made from folks that are buying late.
          Well, if Obama wins, all bets are off. Demand will simply increase more than enough to offset any positive moves on the supply side.

Comment

Working...
          X