bulk ammo purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bulk ammo purchase

With the way things look like they are going and what with ammo prices going up all the time, has there ever been a try at doing a bulk ammo buy? I do not know if this is even legal but some other site do bulk buys once in a while. Just a question from those of us who are not financially able to go down to the local wally world and pay retail price for 20 round boxes. Thanks.
    Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
    Patrick Henry

The laws allow arms to be taken against an armed foe. Ovid

Re: bulk ammo purchase

Originally posted by ah1g View Post
    With the way things look like they are going and what with ammo prices going up all the time, has there ever been a try at doing a bulk ammo buy? I do not know if this is even legal but some other site do bulk buys once in a while. Just a question from those of us who are not financially able to go down to the local wally world and pay retail price for 20 round boxes. Thanks.
    No offense, but if Wally World ammo is too expensive for you then you are totally out of touch with ammo prices lately... Do you think ANYONE is able to buy and sell you ammo any cheaper than the huge WallyWorld? If they have your caliber that will most likely be the cheapest place to buy.

Comment

You can find discounts on bulk lots, but unless you are talking particularly large lots, you aren't going to save a huge amount once you factor in shipping, unless you are buying surplus. 10% or so is usually all the break you get for ordering 10 boxes at once, instead of less than that.

Yeah, if someone like Midway, Centerfire, AIM, or whoever, is running a special, you can often pick up 9mm Parabellum, just for instance, at a savings of two or three bucks a box over what Wally is charging. But unless you want that 10 or 20 boxes at once that you noted you couldn't afford, you won't be saving much more than the price of one box anyway.

Group buys are great if there are a lot of you in one place, but if you are going to ship it around, you won't save anything.
      Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

often it is practical to find a bargain, and then go in with a buddy or two in order to save on shipping charges.
        One site was offering PMC "Bronze" .223 the other day for $285/1000. The shipping quote was $18 or so, but would be less for a second or third case.
        may the Bonnie Blue wave forever

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Comment

I think you can buy ammo cheaper if you buy a pallet at a time and have it shipped truck freight. However I never have that much cash on hand...

I am currently putting together a small 'group buy' with some local friends to save freight (probably from AIM). However I don't think there would be any benefit to a group buy unless you were all local.

Thx-Ace

Comment

Working...
          X