Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New way the Russians have discovered to make money!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New way the Russians have discovered to make money!

I received a case of Barnaul Zinc plated 7.62X39 from Wideners today. I opened 16 boxes before giving up, each box had NINETEEN rounds in spite of each box marked to have twenty. If this holds for the entire case, I'll be shorted 50 rounds, about ten bucks. Not all that much to worry about but its still aggravating. Numbers on the case box, in case anyone is interested are:
    UN 0012 1.45
    4G/y20/5/06
    Rus/GOST 26319/228-06 BCP
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Re: New way the Russians have discovered to make money!

Unless somebody at Wideners has sticky fingers.

Comment

The cartridges are wrapped in brown paper which is stapled closed, then placed in the individual boxes. I can't see any way that anyone could get into these leaving no evidence behind. I believe this occured when being packed in Russia, accidently perhaps
      "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"

Comment

Russians use cyrillic alphabet. Just like a P in Russian is really an R in English, 20 in Russian is really 19 in English.

Comment

I'd yank Wideners' chain about it.

They should be able to tell from the shipping weight of the package if it's a thousand rounds or not. 50 rounds short, or even 20, is going to have a noticeable effect on the weight of the package.

So they won't be able to claim you are lying to them, if they look at what they shipped, versus a full case.
          Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Yes indeedy on chain yankin'. We speak and buy in English....twenty rounds means twenty rounds.
            Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
            I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

Funny

Originally posted by dunkel View Post
              Russians use cyrillic alphabet. Just like a P in Russian is really an R in English, 20 in Russian is really 19 in English.

Comment

I just opened 10 boxes of it yesterday and put it on stripper clips, each box of mine had 20 rounds per box, but I'll sure be checking in the future...

bf

Comment

I just ordered 5 boxes. I'll let you know how they turn out...

bf

Comment

Nope, All boxes had 20 each. You really got stuck. Can you contact the dealer and let them know?
                    bf

Comment

Is that ammo you got from them any good?

Is it Wolf quality, better or worse?

I use Sellier & Bellot and have no complaints about their ammo.

Comment

Sorry you got ripped. Supporting communists never set too well with me and is part of the reason I dumped their 762x39 weapons.

Comment

John, sorry I haven't gotten back here to answer your question. Is Barnaul better than Wolf? Questionable, for sure. My issue with Wolf is seeing a .45 caliber Marlin Camp rifle literally blown to pieces by Wolf and their more or less "too bad" response. I doubt Barnaul would do better in a case of this type but I can't buy and shoot Wolf with anything near a clear conscience since then. Back to the Barnaul-In 7.62 I've yet to have any issues other than the smell of the burned powder, just like Wolf it smells like someone pissing on an open fire and will literally burn the eyes and nostrils if you get an eye or nose full. Other than unproven rumors of excessive pressure in 5.56, I've heard nothing but good things about S&B (except price!)

Comment

Working...
                          X