9mm vs 9x21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9mm vs 9x21

guys got lot of 9x21 ammo monday from deal i was working on ,is 9mm luger better round or is 9x21 ' i have four pistol in 9mm luger that like ,was thinking of doing one in 9x21 ,is the round real any better than the 9mm luger or dead round deal with,thanks

9x21 was mostly developed for Italian civilians as the 9x19 (9mm luger) is there an military round and illegal for civillians; so that ppl can purchase Beretta's and other handguns they just used the 9x21.

And yes sir, it makes a lot of difference if someone is shooting you with a 9x21, because that's an harmless non military round.

Comment

Converting takes some doing. The mag has to be longer, as does a lot of other things. New barrel, for sure.

For a 1911, it requires a whole new frame, IIRC. For a standard 9x19, you are talking major reworking, which probably won't be feasible, because of the increased cartridge length.

Star made a pistol that took it, which would be cheaper to find than reworking one to take it would be.

FWIW, I've shot them, and it's a nice hot round, but going to a .357 Sig is as cheap or cheaper for a conversion, and hotter.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Working...
      X