Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 762x54r

what's wrong w/183gr ammo?What makes it less desireable?tia

You know, I'd like the answer to that also as I just shoot that ammo to hear it go bang. I adjust sights for each session anyhow, but methinks it is simply a different powder mix.
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

the standard cant is that the receivers on the semis are designed for the 147gr rounds. The heavier rounds will slam the carrier harder into the back of the receiver. On true Dragunovs this is less of a problem because the receiver is milled (?) but on Romak-3's with their stamped receiver this can cause fatigue and cracking. If you have an old bolt gun, go ahead and load for elephant... (Actually, there's no good reason to shoot elephants in particular, but you know what I mean...)
      When government shifts from defining what is wrong, with the direct implication that all else is acceptable, to defining what is right, with the insidious suggestion that all else may be suspect if not subversive, then we are well on the way to a police state.<br /><br />Business, society and government all exist solely to serve the interests of the people. Of, By, For.

Comment

I've shot some of it, and I have the same conclusion about it that I do about the "heavy ball" 8mm ammo.

For the short barreled Mosins, (M38, M44, and 91-59), it's a little more accurate. In the 91-30, not so much. And I wouldn't shoot it in my Romak.

My Finns don't seem to care one way or the other. POI changes a bit, but they drive nails with either.
        Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Working...
        X