What is this 3006 ammo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this 3006 ammo?

Sportsmans Guide is selling 3006 ammo in bandoleers, in Garand clips. The add states that the ammo has a "KA" headstamp. What is it?
    The peace symbol is the swastika of the new millennium.<br /><br /><br />

" The amazing thing about a hula-hooping bear is not that it hula-hoops so well, but that it hula-hoops at all." - jefferson101-

It is Korean. It is good ammo but it is corrosive.

Comment

I bought about four cans of it a while back, mostly because it was on Garand clips, and I needed some more of those.

I've shot up a couple of hundred rounds of it so far, and it's worked fine for me. It's Boxer primed, too.

But, as noted, it is corrosive, so be sure to do a prompt and thorough clean-up after shooting it.
      Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Might pick up a can or two.
        The peace symbol is the swastika of the new millennium.<br /><br /><br />

" The amazing thing about a hula-hooping bear is not that it hula-hoops so well, but that it hula-hoops at all." - jefferson101-

Comment

Shoots very good in my Garand but is corrosive.
          ....Whoever fights monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster himself.
          for when you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks at you.....

Comment

Funny...I ordered this stuff back when it was 39 dollars a can a few months ago. Then it went out of stock, then it went up to 59 dollars. However, suprisingly, SG honored the old price for me... I got 3 cans, but NOT of Korean KA surplus... but rather Greek HXP M2 non-corrosive ball on stripper clips in bandoleers. I was very surprised and pleased, as you could imagine.

Great shooting stuff

Comment

Working...
            X