Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .45 ACP in Camp Carbine, chrono info

Gentlemen-

Would anyone, by chance have any chrono info for any ammo fired through a Marlin .45 Camp Carbine?

Thanks

Deleted by MrMitch....and....IF I'm wrong...an apology will be sent.

[ September 29, 2004, 21:33: Message edited by: TheMrMitch ]

Comment

This answers his request for Chrono data How?
      Killing for the sake of honor is no longer allowed in our decadent society
      more\'s the pity, as it would greatly improve manners.
      - - - - -
      Airplane Pictures
      Cranky Labs Image Repository
      A Human Right
      Oleg Volk Photography
      - - - - -
      I\'m Amish Bill, and I approved this message.

Comment

Bill, Its GUNTARD so take it as it is.

Comment

Chronographing 9mm handloads using 115gr bullets with slower burning powders in my Marlin Camp9 resulted in around 200fps increase in velosity over shooting the same load in my S&W model 59 with a 4" barrel. Factory 115gr fmj ammo was a little over a 100fps increase.
          The 45acp cartridge having a 20,000psi chamber pressure compared to the 33,000psi of the 9mm fast burning powders must be used in it. The faster burning powders will not increase bullet velosity much in the longer barrel of the Camp45.
          I was pretty disappointed with the increase in velosity of the Camp9 versus my S&W 9mm pistol with the same ammo. As I have a Marlin 357 lever action rifle with a 18" barrel that really gave some fantastic increases in velosity over my 6" barrel S&W revolver. A reload with slow burning WW-296 powder and a 125gr bullet increased the velosity to a little over 800fps more in the rifle over the pistol.
          The longer barrel really allowed the slow burning powder to burn fully increasing velosity of the bullet instead of just blowing big flames out the cylinder gap and barrel like it did in the revolver.

Comment

Thank you, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Witherspoon:
              Gentlemen-

Would anyone, by chance have any chrono info for any ammo fired through a Marlin .45 Camp Carbine?

Thanks
              we got 200 FPS increase per barrel inch with realistic upper limit at 2400--low a 95gr projectile (we actually cut down an extra barrel). With `165 +p is was 1875

Suggestion. Sell it and buy the Beretta storm coming in December in 45ACP.

Comment

Check with Small Arms Review. They did an article on putting a suppressor on one of the .45 carbines about 2 years ago.I believe they got about 25fps per inch of barrel in .45.

Comment

I'm taking mine out the first Sunday after the election and will try to get some results for you.Can you wait that long? Drop me a message, so I don't forget about a day early. Thanks. Rudy

Comment

Working...
                  X