Nagant pistol ammo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nagant pistol ammo??

Anyone know where I can get some??Or maybe a line on the caliber change to .32??I saw one of these pistols @ a show today & it looked brand spankin new!!Would be a neat addition [not to mention cheap] to the collection.
    TIA,NSS.
    If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you’re not racist, you’ll have to find someone else to vote for in 2012 to prove you’re not an idiot.

Seems like either FAC or Brownells has these cylinder conversions.

Comment

I think SOG is advertising some of the ammo, but it's fairly expensive.

Your choices are pretty slim, unless you don't mind paying a buck a round for Finnochi or almost that for loaded Russian if you can find any.

Column A is get the .32 cylinder. It shoots, but you lose a lot of the velocity and accuracy that the .30 Nagant round has.

Column B is get the dies, find some brass, and reload your own. That's fairly expensive up front, since the dies are around $75, and you may wind up buying loaded Finnochi anyway to get the brass. We haven't had much luck finding anyone who has brass for it in stock.

You can get dies to re-form and reload .32-20 brass for it. The dies are cheaper (Around $40, IIRC) but that has the same disadvantage as shooting .32 in it. Loss of accuracy and velocity is quite noticeable.

But they are fun to shoot even with off sized ammo.
      Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

I've seen it at Old Western Scrounger.
        J&G Sales in Prescott AZ carries it too.
        If at first you don\'t succeed, skydiving isn\'t for you!

I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying \"You\'re next\". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.

Comment

The 32acp cylinders are not listed on the website but give them a call.
          http://www.southernohiogun.com/surplus_hand.html
          For cheap ammo 32 S&W Long will work in the origional cylinder. Or Lee makes a set of dies used to resize and load Starline 32-20 brass to fit the Nagant cylinder.
          http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/642108

Comment

Working...
          X