WTK: Yuog 70's 7.62X39 & 8mm Mauser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTK: Yuog 70's 7.62X39 & 8mm Mauser

Is the stuff that Ammoman is selling corrosive?

My experience is that all Yugo is corrosive...no problem though. I may be wrong..... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

The 7.62x39 on stripper is corrosive. There was some Yugo 7.62x39 at aimsurplus that was not on stripper that was suppose to non corrosive. I think all the Yugo 8mm surplus is corrosive as well

Comment

the 70s' and 80s' 7.9mm Yugo is corrosive but not aggresivly so ... an improved mix . i had some translations of the codes and types/descriptions of Yugo ammo but , they are gone now

the earlyer dates of 762x39 (50s' , 60s' , some early 70s' ) is VERY aggresivly corrosive ! moreso than the later dates . the Yugo 762x39 that , that company that had all the Swedish Mausers has , will turn a hardchromed bore into a sewerpipe quickly without timly and thourough cleaning

all over the web you'll find rediculous arguments about corrosive priming . some of the older commie primer mixes are VERY aggressive at catalizing rust . in the late 60s / early 70s most switched over too and improved corrosive mix , sometimes refered too as 'mildly corrosive' .

whether the sellers of surplus ammo use this term properly or not is another matter .

i had a bunch of translated data on this subject but , its all gone now .

[ July 12, 2004, 12:36: Message edited by: Yoda-Dad ]

Comment

I have Yugo 7.62x39 from 1986. The stuff was NOT on strippers. It is CORROSIVE. I only shoot it in my AK's & clean them when I get home.

Comment

Working...
          X