source for 50 cal specialty ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• source for 50 cal specialty ammo

I am looking for a source/website to buy one or two of the 50 BMG caliber rounds like SLAP, tracer Ap Incediary and any combinations thereof for display (sure as heck don't want to shoot a $10-20 round) I have tried looking and have come up dry except for components and I am not going to load this stuff.
    REMEMBER:
    If you do settle in Texas and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Texans.
    After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we ain't gonna call'em biscuits.

If you just want to display them, why not buy the components, i.e. the bullets, and just press the different bullets into empty cases? Put them on display and the only way to tell they aren't real is to check for the primer or shake them for the powder sound.

Comment

There you go being logical and prudent. I think in some dark recess of what is left of my mind I "think" someday there will be a 50 cal range open up and I will have the excuse I need to have a 50cal rifle. and in that hope I would like to have live rounds so that when I get really old (shortly) and dinero is not as important I will pop off these high dollar rounds for the heck of it-Not much of a reason I will grant you but that really is the truth.

Mark
      REMEMBER:
      If you do settle in Texas and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Texans.

Comment

Go to www.biggerhammer.net and ask around on the 50 cal discussion forum.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/wwwboard/ takes you to the 50 board.
        If at first you don\'t succeed, skydiving isn\'t for you!

I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying \"You\'re next\". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.

Comment

I'm sure you can run those rounds down.
          My kids live in Texas and I could send APIT, Spotter/tracer, Tracer, Incindiary, and a few others back with them for you the next visit I get. All legal. Just take awhile. They won't be $20 either.
          Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
          I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

Heck, if you are thinking that way keep your eye on the ads in Shotgun News and Small Arms Review. Every now and then you can get 100 - 150 rds of AP/API/APIT for $100-$150 and it's reloadable...

Comment

MrMitch,

I appreciate the offer so if I have not been able to lay hands on them before you get back down here to visit i would really like it for you to bringing all tyeps of them along or shucks just FedEx them to me whatever your comfortable with.

Mark
              REMEMBER:

Comment

I might go that route and for sure I would if I had a 50 but first I need a safe place to put some down range. Around central texas there are few places, one in particuliar is only an hour and a half away and might be worth it but I want to shoot a couplle before I buy one, either a semi barrett since is seems it would kick my already battered should less or the EDM Windrunner which comes apart in such a small carry case.

Mark
                REMEMBER:

Comment

Working...
                X