Reloading .22LR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reloading .22LR

Found this online and ordered one. Has anyone else ever tried to reload the .22?
    https://sharpshooter-22lr-reloader.m...2-reloader-kit

I've never done it myself, but I know a couple people who have.

Unless you just have to have .22 ammo for a survival situation, it's way more trouble than it's worth, the way I'm hearing it, and it's only about 90% reliable.

If I was short on .22 ammo, I'd get set up, just because ammo might get hard to come by under the current Fraudulent Administration, but I've got .22 in hand for a few years at worst. I've got other preps I need worse.

OTOH, YMMV. If you just need .22 ammo, it beats the dog snot out of not having any at all.
    Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Man that thing has gotten expensive. $75 bucks now, they were going for a lot less than that just a year ago. Off course .22LR is going $100+ for a 500 round brick now too so there is that.
      "SI *VIS *PACEM, *PARA *BELLUM"
      [URL]http://survivalblog.com[/URL]
      MOLON LABE!
      AC0XV

Comment

I went ahead and ordered it. I'm just going to play around with it some. Will post a review then. Figure it might be worth having on the shelf, just in case

Comment

22lr is bringing $1 a round here, like everything else.

I watched opened jugs of Reloading powder bring $500 and primers bring $0.50 each in opened containers at an estate sale this weekend.

I've never Reloaded 22lr but i understand the priming is difficult. You have to get it into the rim and it's a highly explosive material. Be careful!

Thx-Ace

Comment

I've become a lot more interested in the possibility of reloading 22LR after reading about the products.

Comment

Originally posted by Papadoc View Post
              Man that thing has gotten expensive. $75 bucks now, they were going for a lot less than that just a year ago. Off course .22LR is going $ 100+ for a 500 round brick now too so there is that.
              I was gonna say are you OUT OF YER EVER LOVING MIND?!?!?!?!?

Then I read a bit further. Likely a year ago (6.28.2020) 22LR was $60 per 500R brick. That shop had some SERIOUS INVENTORY. Multiple 22LR makers in stock THAT DAY. Ammo was still on skids on the floor the way it was shipped. The ammo shop where I was at grew out of the BS THAT [CAME OUT OF [U] the F TROOP DEBACLE when they busted KESSELRING GUN SHOP [/b] several years ago. I trust AT of ..... Well what do y'all know I FERGOTwhat those those MAGGOTS regulating firearms and Explosives are called Officially... I hope it CHAPS THEIR HIDES EVER TIME GOOD OLE BOYS LIKE US Blow sumpin' to SMITHEREENS!!!! I HOPE they SOIL THEMSELVES ON THE CLOCK. F em.

As one of the Mods here often says (paraphasing now) Krink I'm perty cotton pickin' shure he calls I'd say all those what got it commin' to them GOT IT COMMIN' TO EM. You got MY VOTE Mister.

Just checked my F Gauge. Was 88F just not 20m ago.
              [B]Grumpy Old Fart [/B][IMG]http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/core/images/smilies/graemlins/050.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by acem View Post
                22lr is bringing $1 a round here, like everything else.

I watched opened jugs of Reloading powder bring $500 and primers bring $0.50 each in opened containers at an estate sale this weekend.

I've never Reloaded 22lr but i understand the priming is difficult. You have to get it into the rim and it's a highly explosive material. Be careful!

Thx-Ace
                Dude I was making my own way thru Life when that [b] LYING MOUND A CRAP SAID "I did not have exual relations with that young woman." Yeah... SURE DIDN'T BILLY. You're fessing up cause [b] YOU GOT CAUGHT. Same as Tricky Dick. [/b I voted for Nixon too.

Seems about right the $75 for the basic Startup Kit. when I first heard of it. I was Extremely Interested in getting one. Either NO ONE had one or the $75 had swollen. Can't say for sure as it was likely 3-5yr ago.

I could tell you what PROPANE was going for tho..... All my cans are full minus 2. I cook on propane. Plus there's a Propane Sale coming up. [b] OBSCENELY HIGH $ $$ $ prices say 3wks ago.. Got the news on PBR. Got BBC on. How HEAVY are these cans a powder? You THINK I'M KIDDIN YOU??? I ain't.
                That cat screwing folks 4 powder and such better hope he never runs outta basically ANYTHING. He better have one heck of a STRONGHOLD too.

What would Henry Bowman do?
                [b] I KNOW what Henry would do and he'd use his SOLOTHURN..... With Hand Loaded Rounds. ONLY THE BEST for our friends of the GOVMINT

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY EVERYONE

EARLY RISER GITS THE WORM.......
                Last edited by noname762; June 29, 2021, 19:00. Reason: stop asking me.
                [B]Grumpy Old Fart [/B][IMG]http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/core/images/smilies/graemlins/050.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                X