X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noname762
    replied
    Originally posted by Reasonable Rascal View Post
    The only thing I can see is that the cap isn't pressed in to the base. *Maybe* could be a loophole. Maybe.

RR
    With the current douche bags running atfe I am NOT BETTING MY FREEDOM ON MAYBE.
    Last edited by noname762; June 29, 2021, 03:04. Reason: oops agin

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Late 19th. Early 20th century target shooters would load powder into cartridges and seat the bullet from the muzzle. It was supposed to be more accurate.

Leave a comment:

• Papadoc
    replied
    So from what I am reading, the powder charge is in a polymer case and you load the 'bullet' in the traditional manor, and have to add your own 209 primer. I still don't see the attraction, if I want to shoot black powder, I am either going to follow Jefferson's idea with the .45-70 or possibly .44-40 or use a more traditional rifle such as a Kentucky long rifle or the like. Other wise I will stick to a regular rifle and be done with it.

Leave a comment:

• Reasonable Rascal
    replied
    The only thing I can see is that the cap insn't pressed in to the base. *Maybe* could be a loophole. Maybe.

RR

Leave a comment:

• BISHOP
    replied
    I see it falling within a title 1 firearm description and not being considered a black powder rifle in many states. If the shells are reloadable then it really isn't a black powder rifle.

What's the difference between this and a single shot 20ga shotgun with a rifled barrel shooting a lead slug? The brass on the shell?

BISHOP

Leave a comment:

• jefferson101
    replied
    It sure doesn't make any sense to me. The closest analogy I can think of would be if someone wanted to have a Model A Ford, but thinks it ought to come with a back-up camera and surround sound.

It must be a Fudd thing, where they want to be able to hunt the black powder season without having to go to all the trouble of dealing with a black powder rifle. I'd think that loading a .45-70 with the original load of 70 grains of black powder would be the logical equivalent, but they are getting around some laws somewhere by going to that, I suspect.

Leave a comment:

• Reasonable Rascal
    replied
    I have to ask the obvious though: are the cases reloadable?

RR

Leave a comment:

• BISHOP
    started a topic Well this is just stupid!!

Well this is just stupid!!

The whole idea of a black powder rifle is its not a cartridge firearm. That is what keeps them legal for felons to use them in some states.

https://gunsmagazine.com/discover/tr...-muzzleloader/

BISHOP
Working...
X