Which revolver to buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which revolver to buy?

IF the company I work for is still doing it I will be getting a (taxed) $1000 bonus for being with them for 10 years.

I want to buy a new firearm. I have been thinking about a pretty chrome or SS 6" barreled revolver, mainly looking at S&W.

But what caliber?? That's the question, and that is what I'm asking you.

BISHOP
    Last edited by BISHOP; September 29th, 2019, 19:10.
    The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

I'm fond of the Ruger GP-100 type in .357Mag. You can shoot it with .38 Special if you want cheaper ammo, and it's about as good as you are going to get for first shot results, unless you want a .44 Mag.

They are just nice revolvers, the stainless ones are pretty nice looking, and they work as well as any of them do, to my experience. They are not notably less reliable than the Colt's, but they are seriously cheaper.

Edited to note that the Smith 686 is nothing to turn your nose up at either. Also in .357, or at least mine is.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

357 just seems right for pratical use. Thx-Ace

Comment

How about a 5inch?
        Gregory Peter DuPont

Comment

I want something big but 8 was just too much. I want that beefy double barrel look of the s&w 686-6, plus that one is a 7 shot. Its only a 6 barrel. There is a 7 barrel but the cylinder isnt fluted. I like the traditional look of flutes on the cylinder. Smooth cylinders look too industrial or this design.

BISHOP
          The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

Working...
          X