Multicaliber revolver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multicaliber revolver

I am sure many of us remember the MedUsa (Covert Op) multi-caliber revolver. I know Taurus makes the 692 but I got to thinking after holding some of the Judge's at the last gun show.

The 692 revolver $659 offers the ability to change the caliber from 38 Special +P/357 Magnum, to 9mm Luger with a simple swap of the cylinder.

So after seeing conversion tubes for the 37mm that would allow a person to use 12ga and 26mm flares. I had a thought about having the same type of inserts created for a Judge which can shoot 45LC and 410 shot shells. The inserts could be used for every caliber smaller and would use the length and rifling of the shot shell insert.

Thoughts?
    Call me John, just an old man with opinions.

They already make them. I have a set of inserts that convert 45lc to 22lr. There are others converting .410 to 22lr, 22 mag, 9mm, 38 special, 32acp,and 32 S&W long.
    The 45 inserts are fun in the Judge and my 1858 conversion. The work good in a
    410 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      They already make them. I have a set of inserts that convert 45lc to 22lr. There are others converting .410 to 22lr, 22 mag, 9mm, 38 special, 32acp,and 32 S&W long.
      The 45 inserts are fun in the Judge and my 1858 conversion. The work good in a
      410 too.
      Any source? I would love to pick up 6 in each caliber, this way can have a firearm that will shoot whatever I may scrounge up.

Comment

Here is a link to one such company.
        Buy shotgun adapters to shoot smaller gauge ammunition in your shotgun. Slide the adapter into the chamber like a normal shell and insert smaller ammo.
        "SI *VIS *PACEM, *PARA *BELLUM"
        http://survivalblog.com
        MOLON LABE!
        AC0XV

Comment

Here is another company that manufactures adapters.
          Smooth Bore 410 Chamber Adapter For a Shotgun, Taurus Judge, Derringer or S&W Governor! The Versatility you want at a Price that Canít be Beat!
          "SI *VIS *PACEM, *PARA *BELLUM"
          http://survivalblog.com
          MOLON LABE!
          AC0XV

Comment

Thanks, turns out it's the S&W that has the 6 shot and Taurus with 5 so I will not need 12 but 10. I don't do business with S&W since the 80's betrayal.

Comment

Mine came from e-bay. Sometimes you can get a good deal. You have to pay attention. Some of them are smooth bore.

Comment

Working...
              X