Walther PPQ...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walther PPQ...........

My Father just up and gave me one of these. Anyone have one? It is my first "tupperware" pistol, with the "always ready to fire" trigger on it. I swore I would never own one........but now that I do??

Being a Walther, I assume they are high quality. Anyone here, play with one yet?? I am willing to give it a chance, since obviously the price was right!!

A LOT too much like a Glock to me. But it does fit my hand well, after swapping out the Backstrap on it..........so I am kind of intrigued now, in trying it out...........

He was not attached to it........and DID say I could trade it for something I really want. Why does a "Rock Island" 1911 come to mind? Or an older S&W 645?? LOL!!!
    Last edited by Led; June 29th, 2018, 14:18.
    And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

They are very high quality, but as you said, the trigger is not for me either or I would own one. I have one Walther with the Glock trigger and that is the PPS. It doesn't see a lot of carry, not only because of the trigger, but because I like to carry a larger firearm when I can, and that is just about all the time.

When I can't carry a larger firearm, the PPS is usually too large too and I have to go to the PPK or even the P3AT.

The P99 is still the flagship of the Walther line and is in Polizei service all over Germany. The PPQ is the same pistol with a Glock fire control, no decocker, and some minor exterior differences.
    [I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Walther View Post
      They are very high quality, but as you said, the trigger is not for me either or I would own one. I have one Walther with the Glock trigger and that is the PPS. It doesn't see a lot of carry, not only because of the trigger, but because I like to carry a larger firearm when I can, and that is just about all the time.

When I can't carry a larger firearm, the PPS is usually too large too and I have to go to the PPK or even the P3AT.

The P99 is still the flagship of the Walther line and is in Polizei service all over Germany. The PPQ is the same pistol with a Glock fire control, no decocker, and some minor exterior differences.
      Well.......I have not ever fired it yet. My Father just gave it to me.........so I have no idea what the trigger pull is yet. What I did, was swap out the backstrap right away. It felt like crap in my hand. He had the "fattest" backstrap in..........I went with the smallest!! Fits my hand like a glove now!

But from what I understand, the Glock is "double action" on the first shot, whereas the Walther PPQ is "single action" right from the start. That is where the "Police Pistol QUICK" comes in?
      And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

Yes, and the reset is extremely short. You may find yourself firing double taps in the blink of an eye. Fastest two rounds you may have ever fired from a handgun.
        [I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Been watching a lot of vids on this pistol.......

I think I may grow to love it!!! Being the 4th of July "week".........I may not get to try Her out till next week. In the mean time, the Vids will have to do..........

Comment

Finally got out to fire it! Not bad.......never double tapped it as I am used to firing a 1911 anyway.......and the shots were 5 into three holes, about a 2.5 inch spread at 15 yards............OFF HAND, no rest!! YUP!! I will tolerate it being in the collection!

Sweet pistol!!
            Last edited by Led; July 16th, 2018, 15:40.

Comment

Working...
            X