What .22 pistol to suppress ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What .22 pistol to suppress ?

Silencer Co. Is coming to my range for a demonstration day along with a local gunshop. I'm interested in obtaining a suppressed .22 handgun. What would be a good candidate ? What pistols are available with a threaded barrel ? I like the new Ruger mk4 but it's apparently not available with a threaded barrel ..
    "[COLOR=#FF0000]Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate. To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods"[/COLOR]

Re: What .22 pistol to suppress ?

Ruger 22/45 LITE is my primary host.

I extended & threaded my Beretta U22 Neos but it doesn't always want to run well on SV ammo.

Lot of people like Walther P22, but I was glad to get rid of mine because it had too many issues.

For the Ruger 22/45 LITE, this is my 2nd & a buddy has one too so I have a whopping sample size of 3 to base my opinion on, but very accurate and very reliable even on SV/subsonic ammo. Lots & lots of suppressed rounds thru all 3 and no issues.

Other off-the-shelf threaded rimfires I can think of, SW MP-22, Walther P22, GSG/ATI 1911-22 models (sold under different brand names), Ruger SR-22, Sig Mosquito. Most [all?] of these require a thread adapter - no big deal but another widget to buy. 22/45 is already 1/2-28.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.<br /><br />-- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thanks for the advice CMV, I'll be checking out the 22/45 lite.
      "[COLOR=#FF0000]Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate. To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods"[/COLOR]

Comment

I like the P22, no issues suppressed with regular or gemtech subsonic ammo. I use an innovative arms apex s suppressor.

My brother has a Ruger SR22 and it has no issues with either ammo using the same suppressor.

Comment

Has anybody had any dealings with Silencer Co ? How about Silencer Shop ?

Comment

Not silencershop but I'm waiting on several stamps for silencerco products.

Registering them get you a pouch or a shirt, the omega gets you a flash hider and a pouch or shirt.

Emailing theme with registration issues they have been very helpful and with selectino a suppressor for a specific weapon they've been very helpful. But no dealing in person

Comment

If you can find one, none is better than the SW 422/622, see them like new in to $300 range. Really good lightweight pistols with an offset bore that allows the suppressor to be mounted low enough that using iron sights is usually not a problem unless a huge diameter suppressor is used. Also there are braael bushings available to replace the factory bushing, that are threaded to whatever thread your suppressor uses.
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_...sson_Model_422
              "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
              The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

I have a P22 with a TAC-65 and the only problem I have is with the P22 when its gets really dirty Remington subsonics won't work at all, but the CCI subsonics (now called suppressor) always work.

BISHOP
                The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

Another plus to the 22/45 LITE are the high sights. My suppressor is 1" OD and could be a lot fatter before obscuring the sights. I could probably put my .223 suppressor on it & be good

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.<br /><br />-- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I went to the "Quiet Riot" event this morning, I shot .22 pistol, 9mm, .45, an AK, two
                    300 blackout ARs , a 45/70 lever gun and a 12 gage all supressed
                    No need for hearing protection .
                    However on consideration , $450-500 for a gun, $480 for a can & $200 for a stamp is a bit much right now , aproximity $1200 for something I won't shoot very much .
                    I'll keep thinking about it and maybe at tax refund time ......

Comment

That's the good thing about where I live. I step on my back deck and shoot anything I want whenever I want. Good place to deer hunting too if I don't feel like going into the woods. Just wish the ATF would hurry up and process my forms sent in starting back in March up to July.

Comment

Jimenez...

because you will be the only range they come to that offers them a Jimenez. This will stand out in their mind and impress them.

Otherwise, I'm a Ruger fan, so I'd get that, if I couldn't find a Jimenez in time.

Comment

You might be surprised at how much you shoot it. Lots of options to put it on a rifle also.

I had always wanted a suppressor but kept putting it off. The extra $200, the wait, a little intimidated by not fully understanding the process, trying to decide which one was 'best', etc. Anyway, it kinda nagged at me for ~20 yrs and that itch never went away.

Just be warned they're like tic tacs and you can't have just one

Comment

"I have a P22 with a TAC-65"

Same here. Quiet, filthy and it hasn't broken a slide...yet. Mine runs Wolf Match Target pretty reliably. Not a 'cheap' ammo, but what .22 is these days?

Comment

Have you tried CCI std velocity? That's my go-to subsonic round. Not crazy expensive, very consistent, and more accurate than a lot of other bulk 22LR. Usually about $45/brick so a little more expensive but worth it.

I like the Wolf match also & it does really well in my CZ452. I don't care for the greasy coating though - same for most all match ammo. Fine for my target gun, but for something I'm constantly loading mags & shooting in bulk I don't want that.

I'm not overly impressive in a rimfire benchrest competition. Usually in the middle of the pack somewhere, maybe kind of close to the winner on a good day. I don't notice a huge difference in the CCI std vel vs some of the more reasonably priced match ammo like Wolf or SK Standard Plus.

Comment

Working...
                              X