X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paintballmagnet
    replied
    Re: Enfielditus

Many a day I've regretted at getting at least one Jungle carbine, IMO the finest looking military rifle ever.

Leave a comment:

• brainard
    replied

Bitten again... this time another No1 Mk3 RFI $150. She's all there and all original except missing the darn magazine.

Leave a comment:

• Artful
    replied

Quick googlage shows

http://www.brownells.com/optics-moun...461-29495.aspx

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/3-0909929

Reviews on S&K are OK from what I found - no reviews on the ATI

I personally have not tried either as I have a No 4 Mk 2
    Last edited by Artful; November 14, 2012, 20:26.

Leave a comment:

• brainard
    replied

Over the action. Looking to put a scope on a No1 Mk3

Leave a comment:

• Artful
    replied

Originally posted by brainard View Post
    Does anybody have for sale a Lee Enfield "no gunsmithing" scope mount that will fit a No1?
    Scout or over the action?

Leave a comment:

• brainard
    replied

Does anybody have for sale a Lee Enfield "no gunsmithing" scope mount that will fit a No1?

Leave a comment:

• Roughneck Jase
    replied

I'm planning on getting myself a Lithgow No1 MkIII* SMLE in the not-to-distant future

Leave a comment:

• brainard
    replied

I was recently visited by a fellow Enfield nut who traded bought my parts gun (No 1) and an Ishapore No 4 for get this: $100 (which is what I had in the pair) and a Colt M4 barrel, a stripped AR upper, a knights armament quad rail with handguards, a Matech rear rail sight, three titanium firing pins, a flat top carry handle, and a bag of misc parts. ... I sold that mess in less that 6 hours for $400!

Leave a comment:

• MikeG
    replied

I've got four Enfields.
    An Ishapore No1 Mk3* that's wire wrapped for grenade launching
    3 N0 4 Mk1s from various places, one from S. Africa, one from Turkey and one I think is from India or Pakistan.

outstanding rifles.

Leave a comment:

• Roughneck Jase
    replied

I have a Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk1/3 bolt-action rifle to my name and I enjoy the living Hell out of it when I take it to the local rifle range

I would love to get myself a few more Lee-Enfields for my gun collection, but that's in the near future when I've got some money stashed away from my new job .

Leave a comment:

• brainard
    replied

I have some parts. If you find yourself in need just let me know.

No I don't have any intention of blowing a zillion rounds through any old bolt action. They are more of a historical collection than anything else. My oldest Enfield was built in 1916.

Leave a comment:

• jefferson101
    replied

Originally posted by Steve Marshall View Post
    Aim Surplus for one sells a box of PRVI for under $14.00.
    Which is $0.70/round, before shipping. Figure $0.75 minimum per, delivered.

I can roll my own for around $0.50, give or take, depending on how cheaply I can get .311 dia bullets. But I use those for 7.62x54R, too, so I know that they are usually right around two bits per, best case.

Powder, and primer, and you are right around a half buck a round. That in itself doesn't stop me. I shoot 7.5 Swiss regularly that costs me at least that much. But my Smelly's kept breaking parts that I couldn't find for less than about a third of what I paid for the whole rifle.

Yeah. I kept the Ishapore. I couldn't let go of that action, in .308, which I have enough of to keep me shooting for ten or fifteen years even if I don't load any more. The bullets are substantially cheaper....or were. I've got that part covered up too.

If I plan on actually being used to a rifle, or a caliber of rifle, and shooting it regularly, I'm not going to be too happy about going out and spending $75 or more per range session. If I'm not ready to toss a hundred rounds of it downrange, I don't need to have it.

But ammo was the secondary consideration. I got hung up on the whole parts thing. If I have to spend a wad to keep the Ishy up, I will probably do it, but it's way newer than any other Enfield I ever had, too. (1965 date on the receiver.)

Leave a comment:

• brainard
    replied

I have yet to spend over $117 on an Enfield. That includes the one I got the day I started this thread. I don't mind spending good money on a gun. I mind spending too much money.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Marshall
    replied

Aim Surplus for one sells a box of PRVI for under $14.00.

Leave a comment:

• kARL
    replied

"Also please note the Enfield buying bug is back! I am now actively in search of any Enfield in the $100 range. (I prefer the beat up war dog) They are so much fun to research and restore!"

More like $300 these days. Ammo almost a buck a round..if you reload make that .50 cents till the base rips off the brass.

I miss the 90's.

karl
    Last edited by kARL; September 17, 2012, 08:46.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X