• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brainard
    replied
    Re: Enfielditus

Jeff,

I have never had the 308. It is on my list to acquire. Parts are available you just gotta know where to look. For example Afghanistan and Pakistan are swimming in surplus Enfields. Importers buy them hundreds at a time strip the less fortunate for parts and sell the rest as surplus complete guns.

Leave a comment:

• Herr Walther
    replied

After the initial equipment and supply outlay, what does it cost to reload .308 per round these days?

Leave a comment:

• jefferson101
    replied

I had a case of it from about 1972 until about 1990, but when I was looking for parts, there were none. I had Enfields, and they needed parts.

The only way I could fix them was to buy a different one of the same model and break it up for parts. That only worked until I needed the same extractor about three times. I gave up on them.

I've still got an Ishapore in .308, but that's the only one I kept. I hate that in some respects, because they are probably the best bolt actions ever made. But if I can't fix them when the break, other than by buying another of them, there is a problem that I can't cure going on.

We won't even talk about ammunition, which is another long and sad story of nothing available at less than full retail.

Yeah. I can still reload the stuff. But I don't shoot it. It got too delicate for me, given that I shoot more than 20 rounds/year from my rifles....(Usually. Or at least from that caliber...)

Leave a comment:

• Herr Walther
    replied

I have a variant of that disease called Falitis, and its related affliction StGism.

Leave a comment:

• brainard
    started a topic Enfielditus

Enfielditus

My Enfielditus had been in remission but wouldn't ya know it IT'S BACK! Enfielditus: an addictive love for the Lee Enfield family of bolt action rifles their many varieties and insane amount of Historical value and background.

Is anybody else out there on AW infected, or am I alone?

Also please note the Enfield buying bug is back! I am now actively in search of any Enfield in the $100 range. (I prefer the beat up war dog) They are so much fun to research and restore!
Working...
X