NO Minis?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO Minis?!

A friend of mine is wanting to buy a new mini-14 and, decided to call a few local gun shops. Upon checking around no gun shops had any used minis in stock. He asked if they could possibly order him a NIB mini from ruger, so the shop owners called looking for a mini. The search went on with no luck, and he found out from ruger that no shops could order minis right now.

Went on to call wally world, and got the same answer. NO minis could be ordered in. Whats going on that nobody can order NIB mini-14s? Is this some sort of big joke, or does ruger have something up their sleeves?

Im sure he will find one used, or possibly new someplace, but I found it interesting and kinda odd that the mini was not being shipped out to the major gun dealers. Also according to wallys and a few other shops all of the new minis were recalled for some reason.

Any info would be great.

Most gunshops cannot order directly from Ruger, they need to go through a distributor. Two of my distributors recently dropped Ruger because according to them they are a PITA to deal with. Williams is one distributor who has them in stock, I'd be very suprised if Davidsons didnt have any.

Comment

I heard that Ruger was going to come out with a new model, that might be whats going on with them.

Comment

Hello everyone, Just wanted to let you know that Ruger has changed the Mini 14 a little. New sites, flat butt stock. They are starting to show up at some shows so hopefully they will be more readily available. I personally like the old style compared to the new one, but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

wugunguy

Comment

my local Walmart has a ranch model for $479. Didn't appear to be a newer variant.

Comment

Here is Ruger's web site with pix of the new mini.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firear...ifle&special=N

Comment

$800 for a Mini? I don't think so.

Comment

No doubt. Im not paying 800 bucks for a mini. One of the major selling points of the mini was that it was affordable. I know we can find a decent used one at a show someplace, but I was just wondering what all the hype was. IMO Ruger really screwed up this time. Changing the sights, and buttpad does not justify a 400 dollar price increase.

If ruger really wanted to increase sells of the mini series of rifles they should have changed it to use AR-15 magazines, and kept the price the same. Either that or go back to making reliable factory high caps.

Comment

Word has it that the new mini's are going for around $600.00.

Comment

That makes more sense. Still a disturbingly high MSRP.

Comment

And the new Mini is also in at my local gunshop.

No drought of them here.

Comment

Working...
                      X