Magazines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazines?

Has anyone found a source of quality 20, 30, and 40 round magazines since the AWB expired? My latest CDNN still has PMI mags for the Mini, but they're down to only blued 40rd mags. The good news was the price was down 50% - $19.

A local shop has 20 round factory mags for $25.If you want I'll e-mail you the phone #.
    If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you’re not racist, you’ll have to find someone else to vote for in 2012 to prove you’re not an idiot.

Comment

Near Sighted Sniper - thanks! I'd appreciate it. I do need one 20 rd mag. But I'm really more interested in quality stainless 40 round magazines - magazines from a manufacturer with a reputation for quality Mini magazines.

I'm a little miffed that hi-caps are bountiful and cheap for everything but the Mini...

Comment

Hay Near Sighted Sniper, I would like the phone #. Thanx, CM.

Comment

PM's sent.
          If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you’re not racist, you’ll have to find someone else to vote for in 2012 to prove you’re not an idiot.

Comment

Sent you a new PM Near Sighted Sniper.

Comment

I would also like the phone # please. And JWM you'd be better off with 20 0r 30 rd factory mags that will work than after market mags that are ify.

Comment

Originally posted by LV03TJ:
                I would also like the phone # please. And JWM you'd be better off with 20 0r 30 rd factory mags that will work than after market mags that are ify.
                Can we now buy factory 20 and 30 round magazines? I thought the official Ruger stance was AWB or not, we'll never sell those to civilians. If I can buy them, I will.

I've heard nothing bad about PMI, I'd buy those if I get the chance.

I bought a pile of USA magazines a few years back when I bought the gun - BEFORE I found out they were junk. Of all of them, only the 40 round magazines have never choked. Go figure...

So I've been hoping to see some quality 30 and 40 round magazines.

Think about that for a second, first as a Mini owner, then as a magazine manufacturer. What a niche! We've been stuck with no-name crap for years for our Mini's when every other gun out there seemed to never run out of supply of quality pre-ban magazines. Someone needs to step up!

Needless to say, I'd be most grateful to any and all who share a source.

John

Comment

Since the AWB got enacted, the old curmudgeon, Bill Ruger, died. Maybe the heir will think a tad differently.

Comment

Originally posted by mrostov:
                    Since the AWB got enacted, the old curmudgeon, Bill Ruger, died. Maybe the heir will think a tad differently.
                    We can only hope. If I can get some quality mags for mine, I'll keep it and get some accuracy work done on it. Not that it really needs it, mine seems to be a better example.

Otherwise, it's gone for an AR.

Comment

They jacked up the prices shortly after the end of the ban.

http://www.fourfourmagstore.com/products.asp?dept=1050

Comment

I never understood why mini mags have been hard to find. It makes no sense that you can get boatloads of functioning m4 mags for cheap, but quality mini mags are rare as hens teeth!

Comment

AR15/M16 mags are common and cheap because zillions of them were made for various governments and militaries. The Mini was never as widely deployed, therefor there was never a big supply chain to fill with support product.
                          Killing for the sake of honor is no longer allowed in our decadent society<br />– more\'s the pity, as it would greatly improve manners.<br />- - - - -<br /><a href=\"http://www.cloud9photography.us/\" target=\"_blank\">Airplane Pictures</a><br /><a href=\"http://crankylabs.com/gallery\" target=\"_blank\">Cranky Labs Image Repository</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.a-human-right.com/\" target=\"_blank\">A Human Right</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.olegvolk.net\" target=\"_blank\">Oleg Volk Photography</a><br />- - - - -<br />I\'m Amish Bill, and I approved this message.

Comment

Originally posted by Amish_Bill:
                            The Mini was never as widely deployed, therefor there was never a big supply chain to fill with support product.
                            The Mini was never deployed period. It's strictly a civillian product and most major mag manufacturers ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky_N_FLA:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Amish_Bill:
                              The Mini was never as widely deployed, therefor there was never a big supply chain to fill with support product.
                              The Mini was never deployed period. It's strictly a civillian product and most major mag manufacturers ignore it. </font>[/QUOTE]As Taz would say- HU-UH!

I don' tknow of any "major mag" manufacturer that hasn't made Mini-14 magazines in the past.

The only ones that don't are those that specialize in aluminum mags for the AR/M-16.

Comment

Working...
                              X