I want one SO BAD!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want one SO BAD!!!

The weapon is just too expensive but it would be nice. I can get 3 FNFAL's for the cost of this thing! I would rather have 308.s instead of 5.56x45 or the lighter .223.

It does have a 21" barrel and will offer extended fire without magazine changes; however, even though it would be a dream gun there is no way I will get enough money to foot for it.

I like how he shows the different characteristics of ammo and you can watch the bullet down range and see the trajectory. I thought the 62 grain bullets with a stabilizing core would make the ammo more accurate but as you can see this isn't the case. 55gr Wolf came so close to the high $ hunting rounds it is noteworthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAMSUDGtiSk
    Call me John, just an old man with opinions.

Re: I want one SO BAD!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but sounds like an M249 you wood buy if you had the buckaroonies?

My days of wishing for a belt fed were long gone the day I decided which one I'd get. And my choice (right or wrong) was based on a video game BF2 and a fun day of me shooting down enemy ships including enemy Gunships on the Kubra Dam map.

Couldn't find the gun in my 2nd edition Jane's Gun Recognition Guide. Thought it was Chinese or Rooski. Weren't either so it was a .30cal belt fed and (in game) had a slightly higher ROF than the BAR but for me it sounded like a BAR and I drove the enemy commander nuts killing ships and crews. He tried arty 3 times and missed me. Fourth time was the charm. Had it been available I'd go with an original MG34 of WWII fame as the 34s were machined and the 42s were largely stamping's.

Originally posted by Harlock View Post
    2 words:

Apple, Investigation
    So I wonder what Apple is up to to get the feds up in their faces?

Originally posted by Wood Devil View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what all those numbers mean. The stock market is an alien language to me.
    Same here pretty much. I have sum mutual funds since before Obummer was in. In those 8 years I lost money in most quarters. The first quarter after DJT was sworn in my net gain exceeded my wildest expectations and TBT I had no expectations. It was far more than the good statements
    Last edited by noname762; February 3, 2018, 21:31. Reason: 0ops x3
    [B]Grumpy Old Fart [/B][IMG]http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/core/images/smilies/graemlins/050.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Just a 5.56mm that is belt fed, with less than stellar reliability.

I'd do what the Marines did and just go with an HK 416.... Cheaper, lighter, and you can always get a drum or 60 round mag if you want.

As for a SAW, really the only one I ever wanted was a Bren Gun in .308. Now that would be worth talking about.

Comment

Is there a semi-auto M-60? I would rather have one in 308. I just like the idea of a belt even though they are not all that accurate. It could be set up in a remote controlled target acquisition mode so the operator is protected while the firearm denies access to critical areas.

I purchased linked ammo in soft pouches 1 in 5 tracer for 25$ back in the 80's. 2 100 round soft pouches with cardboard boxes inside per can. I was going to de-link and sell the tracers but never did. I thought this would come in handy for battle pick-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlock View Post
          Is there a semi-auto M-60? I would rather have one in 308. I just like the idea of a belt even though they are not all that accurate. It could be set up in a remote controlled target acquisition mode so the operator is protected while the firearm denies access to critical areas.

I purchased linked ammo in soft pouches 1 in 5 tracer for 25$ back in the 80's. 2 100 round soft pouches with cardboard boxes inside per can. I was going to de-link and sell the tracers but never did. I thought this would come in handy for battle pick-ups.
          No semi M-60, but FN is making a semi M-240 in 308. I got to fondle and drool on it when the NRA show was in Nashville a couple of years ago.

Comment

FN M-240, I'm trying to locate one for to see the damage. I about had a cow because there was a website and they started a $850.00

Too good to be true, yes they were training guns that don't fire. I'll try to source one and see what the cost is. I have no problem with magazines or clips, its just the idea of set it and forget it.

Reload only when needed. I would love to have one mounted above the roll-bars on the jeep but that will gather too much attention

Comment

Working...
            X