Not sure if this belongs here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this belongs here...

but I'm curious as to better/best optics for Remington model 7 .300 blackout. I think the range for it would max out around 400 yards with supersonic ammo.

I just picked the rifle up and I'm wanting to set it up but I've not looked into scopes for awhile.

I also have a Remington 700P in .308 26" R5 barrel that has about 20 rounds through it I got used and need optics for it as well. The scope was removed before I picked it up. There is an unknown bade on it I'd like to change to a good rail similar to that on the model 7.

Thanks for any info.

Re: Not sure if this belongs here...

On the model 7 I'd like to use a suppressor and subsonic ammo eventually.

Comment

With the Remington 7 I would use a red dot if only going to be shooting less than 400 yards. If a scope then a fixed 6 power or a good 3x9.

On the 308 one I still like to keep things simple and would go with a fixed 10 power. If wanting a variable then 3x9 or 4x12 from a good maker.

Comment

I love my Leupolds but admit having pretty good luck with Nikon. I've had a Buckmaster 3X9 mounted on a .270 for several years, bought a 4x12 last year have no complaints with either so far.
        "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
        The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

You didn't mention your budget for the Rem 700 but for the money those SWFA Super Snipers are hard to beat. I have some rifles with fairly expensive scopes and have some with the SS's, and when all things are done, you get a lot of scope for $300 with the Super Snipers. I have been using them for several years, and a couple on some real boomers and have never had a problem or malfunction. If you are thinking of something in a higher price range, IOR Valdada has some of the best glass you will ever look through.
          Guido

Comment

Working...
          X