X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arkyboy
    replied
    Re: Ruger SP101 Grip Medallions

Yup, most factory grip medallions for semi auto pistols are the same dia. (1/2"). Revolver medallions are usually slightly larger. I just glued them in like the factory does. Colt uses a product that is sold by True Value Hardware called Lexel. It's a clear caulking/sealer that bonds great with rubber and steel applications. If you get a little seepage on the outside of the grip you and scrape it off with a pocket knife after it dries too, but it holds great. Makes a clean application, and I've never had a set come out. A word of caution though. Be very sparing with any cement when working with grip medallions. The stuff will spread and seep out on the grip very easily. I usually just put a little near the center and let it work outwards. I liked this on the SP 101 so well I did the same thing to my GP 100 with Pachmyar Gripper grips on it. Makes the gun look more like factory. Lot's of the medallions on Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-grip-M...MAAOSwpWVW8bZn
    Btw, I cut the studs off the back of the medallions because the Pachmyar grips have a steel reinforcement plate in them. I usually leave the stud on when I change out medallions on wood grips.
    arkyboy
    Last edited by arkyboy; December 11, 2016, 08:37.

Leave a comment:

• Led
    replied
    Re: Ruger SP101 Grip Medallions

So they were the same diameter?? How did you secure them????? I am a SP101 carrier myself..........

DETAILS Man!!! Details..............

Leave a comment:

• arkyboy
    started a topic Ruger SP101 Grip Medallions

Ruger SP101 Grip Medallions

I really like Pachmyar's compact rubber grips for the Ruger SP 101, but the antique bronze colored Pachmayar medallions just didn't do anything for me. Found a set of Ruger factory 1911 grip medallions to replace them with. Brightened thing's up a little. The Pachmyars help tame some of the beast in the little gun with full house .357 loads.
    arkyboy

Working...
X