Professor Parabellum's simplest SMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professor Parabellum's simplest SMG

This comes from the FIREARMSBLOG.com. It looks like the professor is keeping himself busy:

Pictured is an ultra minimal, highly compact submachine gun design which is a clear contender for the simplest ever conceived. Disassembled It consists of only nine parts including screws and springs. Almost every main component is fabricated using steel box section tube, including the one-piece thumb operated trigger.

Overall this SMG measures 15 1/2″ long and weighs a mere 3 lbs unloaded. The design has no sights and is purely a spray from the hip deal requiring the user to depress the trigger button while holding the weapon with both hands (“one hand gripping the magazine well”) to fire. A grease-gun style cut out in the bolt allows it to be cocked back “by inserting a finger through the ejection port, further eliminating protrusions such as a charging handle”. According to the designer, this weapon (the pictured prototype being a non-firing mockup dummy) can be manufactured in around two hours from under $20 worth of scrap material using not much more than a hacksaw and a drill.

Dummy mock-up prototype disassembled to reveal rear plug, recoil spring, bolt, trigger, barrel and square tube receiver.

The single piece thumb operated trigger / sear. Ultimate simplicity.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-simplest-smg/
    Last edited by Lasergunner; July 26, 2018, 14:02.

Iowa isn't a Class 3 state, so if I can get one in semi format I'd be happy. Just a kewl convo starter for the range. Though in truth I'd be worried about it blowing up on me. The chamber area isn't confidence instilling.

RR
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

What magazine is used for this subgun? Certainly that wasn't fabricated the same way as the pistol.
      [I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

It looks like a STEN magazine.

Comment

would like to see glock mag version

Freedom is blessed, kudos to this individual - out of principle alone
          [B][/B]

Comment

It might be easier to fit a plastic sleeve to the exterior of the Glock mags to make them conform to the existing tube mag well. Going out and getting a Glock magazine adapter that may cost upwards of a hundred dollars doesn't make much sense on a $20 "throw'away" SMG.

Comment

Here's a copy of Professor Parabellum's Bullet Hose. I'm including it here because the barrel, bolt, and diy magazines are likely in common to his "Simplest SMG."

PDF here: https://elcombate.noblogs.org/files/...Arms-Vol.8.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Lasergunner View Post
                It might be easier to fit a plastic sleeve to the exterior of the Glock mags to make them conform to the existing tube mag well. Going out and getting a Glock magazine adapter that may cost upwards of a hundred dollars doesn't make much sense on a $20 "throw'away" SMG.
                my humble point, was that glock mags availability is so saturated, that they are practically disposable.

[B][/B]

Comment

Modify the grip angle to present the cartridge correctly to the feed ramp. Would also have to modify the mag catch. Not sure of the dimensions of either mag but you may have to insert spacers for the glock mag to stop it from being over inserted.

Comment

Working...
                  X